CanWaCH Public Engagement Working Group: Call for Nominations
Join CanWaCH’s Public Engagement Working Group and help build awareness of Canadian leadership in global health!
The PEWG consists of up to fourteen members who represent the diversity of CanWaCH members in terms of organization size, region, programming focus and location.
To be nominated a candidate should be:
- An employee or consultant for a CanWaCH member organization.
- Ideally, the lead for public engagement strategy and/or activities for their organization. Alternately, the candidate will have previous experience/expertise in public engagement initiatives/campaigns.
- A decision-maker for their organization, or has the capacity to influence decision-making for public engagement initiatives/campaigns.
- Available for meetings a minimum of one hour once per month via teleconference. Meetings of longer duration may be scheduled as required. In-person meetings will be scheduled occasionally when feasible (a minimum of once per year).
- Able to commit approximately three hours per month for meeting preparatory time and/or meeting follow-up (e.g. sharing PEWG updates, executing on actions identified by the group, representing PEWG at occasional events, etc.).
Nominations will be accepted until 5 pm EST on Monday, April 15, 2019. Self-nominations are accepted but must be accompanied by a letter of support from someone within your organization (maximum 300 words). Candidates will be advised of the membership selections no later than April 30, 2019. Please send letters of support, questions, or any other inquiries to CanWaCH’s Director of Stakeholder Engagement, Charmaine Crockett.
Nominate someone today!