The Collaborative brings together Canadian and global partners to generate solutions to urgent data challenges in global health and gender equality. This effort is rooted in a feminist approach to creating lasting change and will enable Canada to meaningful progress towards the SDGs.
- Investigate the underlying barriers to effective data progress in areas of global health and gender equality;
- Incubate useful solutions and effective partnerships to address these challenges; and
- Inspire and train the next generation of Canadian leadership in global health and gender equality metrics.
Collaborative Feminist Values
- Participatory & Transparent: Each Lab is co-designed with diverse stakeholders, including in-country partners. Work is shared openly. “Nothing about us, without us”
- Co-created & User-Driven: Areas of inquiry must be driven by, and created together with, our members and communities. Feminist approaches must inform every level of research and inquiry. As such, we are not prescribing the specific areas of inquiry or countries of focus at the outset, but CanWaCH is an engaged member of the team
- Action-Oriented & Change-Driven: Provides supportive network & amplified resources, rather than reinforcing disconnection. Focused on building-capacity, and creating tools for change – knowledge is created for the explicit purpose of social change
- Inclusive & Intersectional: Examines how intersecting identities influence work, and values diverse ways of knowing and learning. Investigates outcome-level issues, including systemic and societal barriers and influencers
We’re delighted to present the 2022 Labs!
Bringing together global partners and partners in Canada, the second iteration of the Canadian Collaborative for Global Health aims to generate solutions to urgent data challenges in sexual and reproductive health, gender and nutrition data gaps, and research dissemination: