Get Caught Up on the Latest Global Health News You May Have Missed During the 2022 Holidays
In case you missed it over the holidays, here’s the latest news in global health:
- Watch this video by World Vision Canada and read this statement by Islamic Relief Canada to learn more about the crucial role played by Afghan women in delivering humanitarian assistance:
- The Global Nutrition Report is seeking a new Host. Eligible non-profit organizations can apply by 8 a.m. GMT, 15 January 2023 to join the world’s leading independent assessment of the state of global nutrition! Learn more here.
- Since June 2022, Pakistan has faced an unprecedented climatic disaster as massive floods swept through the country and standing floodwater refused to recede. December saw Action Against Hunger share a story on the current situation, as nearly 22 million people have already been impacted.
- To mark the end of a year that saw conflict, the climate crisis and COVID-19 affect children’s lives, UNICEF Canada shared five stories of hope from around the world. They include efforts to offer vaccination for children in Indigenous communities in Peru, enhanced access to safe water supply in Garissa County, Kenya and safe spaces for children and families fleeing the war in Ukraine. Read them here.
- Congratulations to CanWaCH member WaterAid Canada named the best nonprofit employer in the workplace mental health category of the 2022 Charity Village awards!