- This event has passed.
Multisectoral Collaboration in Action: Practical insights into addressing malnutrition through a multisectoral approach
22 November 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- The rationale for a multisectoral approach to addressing malnutrition is clear – what may be less clear is how to achieve this in practice. This N4G Side-Event, co-hosted by The Power of Nutrition and Nutrition International, aims to share practical insights on how to optimize multisectoral approaches and collaboration in large-scale nutrition programmes. A diverse panel – with expertise from government, multilateral and bilateral agencies and civil society – will discuss enabling conditions and strategies for overcoming challenges related to multisectoral partnerships; leadership and governance; financing; program implementation; and progress tracking and accountability. Panelists will also debate cross-cutting opportunities for impact in the context of the N4G Summit. The session will prompt dialogue between panelists and participants on how to make successful multisectoral nutrition approaches a reality and accelerate progress toward global nutrition goals.
Moderated by Dr Ellen Piwoz, panelists include:
• Dr Alok Ranjan, Director of Investments, The Power of Nutrition
• Dr Mandana Arabi, Vice President, Global Technical Services, Nutrition International
• Samuel Dusengiyumva, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Government of Rwanda
• Menno Mulder-Sibanda, Senior Nutrition Specialist, World Bank
• Dr Sheikh Shahed Rahman, Chief of Party – Suchana, Save the Children in Bangladesh; Secretary, Civil Society Alliance for Scaling up Nutrition Bangladesh
• Pooja Pandey Rana, Chief of Party – Suaahara II Good Nutrition Program, Helen Keller International
• Dr Denisa-Elena Ionete, Ambassador, EU Delegation in Niger
• Joachim Beijmo, Head of Mission, Swedish Embassy in DRC
• Megan Rhodes, Acting Director of the Center for Nutrition, USAID