- This event has passed.
Nutrition International technical assistance to the Philippines for mobilizing local governments for improved nutrition action
16 June 2021 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Please join Nutrition International’s Nutrition Technical Assistance Mechanism (NTEAM) for a webinar on how technical assistance provided through the Technical Assistance for Nutrition (TAN) project supported the mobilization of Local Governance Units (LGUs) in the Philippines to improve nutrition outcomes.
Nutrition International has been providing technical assistance to the Philippines for the development and implementation of the Philippines Plan of Action for Nutrition since 2016. The technical assistance provided in 2018-21 focused on strengthening the nutrition actions of LGUs: regions, provinces, cities and municipalities. Nutrition International support included the development of a Regional Plan of Action for Nutrition in all 17 regions, and the development of a LGU mobilization strategy that includes tools and processes to:
• Improve planning and management of local nutrition action plans,
• Secure support from the national policy and budget, and
• Mobilize partner agencies.
This webinar draws on 5 years of collaboration between the Government of the Philippines and Nutrition International. Participants will share their experiences with technical assistance for:
• Mobilizing local authorities to recognize and act upon local and national nutrition priorities
• Local authorities to shape local nutrition plans and to find and allocate local funding to them
The webinar will feature esteemed speakers:
• Reginaldo Guillen, Philippines National Nutrition Council, Nutrition Program Coordinator Region VI
• Hon. Janet Aurestila-Garcia, Mayor of Talibon, Bohol, Philippines
• Dr. Loreto Roquero, Nutrition International Country Director Philippines
• Cecilio Adorna, Senior NTEAM Technical Assistance Provider
This is an interactive event, with opportunities for posing questions and engaging with speakers.
Nutrition Internationals Technical Assistance for Nutrition project is funded with UK aid from the UK government.