- This event has passed.
Unleashing the Full Power of Large-scale Food Fortification: A Renewed Commitment – A Nutrition for Growth Side Event
18 November 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) cordially invite you to Unleashing the Full Power of Large-scale Food Fortification: A Renewed Commitment – A Nutrition for Growth Side Event taking place on November 18, 2021 from 10:00 to 11:30 AM ET.
Through engaging speakers and panel discussions, the event will highlight new commitments to large-scale food fortification and catalyze new energy and momentum in the lead up to the Nutrition for Growth Summit in early December.
At the event, UNICEF, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and USAID will announce their commitments to large-scale food fortification and release a joint vision to accelerate progress and catalyze momentum on large-scale food fortification as one tool to address widespread malnutrition in low- and middle-income countries. A range of partner governments will join to share both new commitments and lessons learned from successful regional and country programs.
The event will be moderated by Jemimah Njuki, Director for Africa at IFPRI, and with participation from:
- Henrietta Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Mark Suzman, CEO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jim Barnhart, Assistant to the Administrator, USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security
- Charlemagne Ouedraogo Marie Ragnag-Néwendé, Minister of Health, Government of Burkina Faso
- Karlo Nograles, Cabinet Secretary, Government of the Philippines
- Zouera Youssoufu, CEO, Aliko Dangote Foundation
- Paloma Fernandes, CEO, Cereal Millers Association of Kenya
- Beza Haile, Founder, HOPE-Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus, Ethiopia
- And many more…
We look forward to your participation so that we can collectively renew our commitments to large-scale food fortification, together, so we can deliver on our collective ambitions for a world without malnutrition!