2 Spirit Programs Coordinator
We are a national network connecting and supporting over 160 pride centres and 2SLGBTQ+ service providers across Canada.
This role will entail working on programming supporting 2 Spirit / Indigiqueer member organizations in the network in addition to organizing general programming for all member organizations.
Compensation is $55,000 annually. This contract will run until March 31st, 2022, with a possibility for extension pending our funding.
Description of Duties:
Programs and Programming Events
- Organize programming and events for 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer organizations and individuals within the membership
- Create networking opportunities for 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer organizations and individuals within the membership
- Create, organize, and present educational events for Enchanté Network members to learn how to better support their 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer community members
- Facilitate events and workshops when required
- Select, book, and liaise when external facilitators and contractors when required
Resource and Materials Creation
- Create resources (or support the creation of ressources) related to how Enchanté Network members to learn how to better support their 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer community members
- Create resources (or support the creation of ressources) related to building or managing a 2 Spirit / Indigiqueer organization
- Support the creation of social media and marketing content related to 2 Spirit / Indigiqueer communities
- Select and book external facilitators and contractors when required
Culture, Community, and Engagement
- Learn, understand, and follow protocols and traditions of the nations and communities who are members of the Enchanté Network
- Liaising or cultivating connections with Elders and Knowledge Carriers to support the work of TEN and member organizations
- Engage in outreach with 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer organizations within the membership to keep these organizations connected to the network and informed of opportunities
- Provide individualized support to 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer organizations within the membership
- Support the recruitment of more 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer organizations into the membership
General Programs Work
- Using a 2 Spirit / Indigiqueer lens related to creating and evaluating new and existing Enchanté Network activities, including programs
- Support the programs team in creating, planning, and executing general Enchanté Network programs and events related to networking, mentorship and capacity building
- Complete administrative work related to programs
- When necessary, support marketing efforts related to programs
Work Environment Responsibilities
- Setting and maintaining boundaries, including when doing work related to identities, oppression, and community dynamics
- Cultivating open, ongoing communication with direct supervisor and staff on matters related to work-related projects, tasks, wellbeing, and capacity
* Thorough understanding of 2 Spirit/Indigiqueer and LGBTQ+ communities (and their various intersections of identity)
* Ability to coordinate programs and projects in a nonprofit organization
* Ability to use an anti-oppressive lens during all activities, including when developing programs and engaging with member organizations
2 Spirit people, and people who are Indigenous and 2SLGBTQ+ (Indigiqueer), are actively encouraged to apply for this position.
We particularly encourage applications from 2 Spirit and Indigiqueer people with disabilities, who have have lived experience with sex work, and/or are otherwise members of underrepresented groups.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV and either a cover letter or a short video to [email protected] by September 24th at 5pm EST.