Annual General Assembly (AGA) Support Intern
The AGA Support Intern will assist in logistic and administrative aspects around the organization of the MSF Canada Annual General Assembly (AGA) and surrounding events, to be held in Montreal from 3 - 5 June 2023.
The AGA Support Intern will assist in logistic and administrative aspects around the organization of the MSF Canada Annual General Assembly (AGA) and surrounding events, to be held in Montreal from 3 – 5 June 2023.
Overall: Provide administrative and logistic support in the organization of the AGA and surrounding events
- Support the preparation of the registration package (agenda, how to register etc)
- Prepare maps and directions to the different venues, MSF office, residences & hotels as well as transport instructions
- Develop and maintain participant lists and register all participants upon arrival at the event (quorum)
- Track and follow-up on payment of participant fees
- Respond to questions from participants and speakers (both in English and French)
- Research venue and menu options for social events such as the Dinner Party
- Support the search for DJ, equipment, other
- Communicate dinner reservations and details to the restaurant
- Research options and request quotes for catering in compliance with MSF-C Green Policies and potential venue requirements
- Prepare and follow-up on catering orders based on registration, keeping in mind dietary restrictions and needs of individuals
- Receive catering and support setting up/keeping tidy of food areas
Pre-Events and Events Support
- Provide administrative support for pre-AGA webinars and organiser meetings
- Support with the organization of educational sessions
- Prepare and/or organise meeting materials, including but not limited to chat scripts, run of show documents, background documentation, speaker bios, Board candidate posters, voting instructions, name tags, handouts, stationary.
- Research and prepare gifts, as required
- Participate in the briefing and overseeing of volunteers
- Assist in the set-up of the main conference rooms
- Assure all outstanding invoices are submitted to finances
- Organise, store and file materials and final versions of relevant documentation
- Compile AGA survey results and reporting data (i.e. final participants, voting, etc.)
- Contribute to the writing of the handover & evaluation document
Carry out other tasks according to needs and qualifications.
- Service oriented and excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills and ability to manage large sheets of data
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Proficiency Level 1: Respects the choices made by the organization, has basic knowledge of MSF’s mission and main activities, respects and accepts the medical ethics and principles of MSF
- Cross-cultural Awareness; Level 2: Thinks before acting with curiosity and sensitivity, listening, and observing, not judging, asks questions and looks for information about the context
- Planning and Organising; Level 2: Proactively plans and organizes the job area with anticipation for potential incidents and deviations, keeps priorities identified and re-adjusted based on urgency and/or needs.
- Initiative and Innovation; Level 1: Responds to problems and opportunities according to policies and procedures without needing supervision, reacts to problems and seeks the best solution to each situation rather than merely doing what is always done
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail; Level 2: Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy, utilizes specific approaches and tools for checking and cross-checking outputs, develops and uses checklists to ensure information goes out error-free.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in event planning, customer service or in administrative roles
- Experience working with MS Office applications, internet, and e-mail programs
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently
- Knowledge of, interest in, and commitment to humanitarianism
- Experience working with or managing volunteers is an asset
Education, Certifications, and Languages
- Recent graduate or actively working towards the completion of a Bachelor/Master’s Degree in a related field, i.e., project planning, event organization, public/global affairs, political science or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent written communication skills in English and working knowledge of written and spoken French demonstrated in previous roles that require communication with diverse actors
- Work is generally carried out during the day, Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), some weekends and evenings may be required
- Flexible work hours and ‘work-from-anywhere’ options are available, upon approval from management
- The office environment is open concept and workspace is shared with colleagues
- Workstations consist of sit/stand desks, anti-fatigue floor mat, swivel chair, laptop with dock and double monitor, task lamp and telephone
- Work requires long hours in front of a computer/laptop screen
- During COVID-19 restrictions, employees are required to have their own workspace, access to internet, and telephone
MSF Canada is a people-focused humanitarian organization that is proud to offer a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We strongly believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. The organization seeks to attract and engage the best professionals to join and maintain meaningful, productive, and lasting work relationships. We embrace diverse motivations and backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Position Level: Intern
Position Status: Temporary, 4 months contract (mid-Feb till mid-June)
Activity Rate: 100%, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Montreal, QC
Remuneration: $15.50 per hour
Status: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Benefits: Benefits include flexible work hours, employee assistance program (EAP), vacation days, sick days, and floater days, and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity, and results.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
CLIQUEZ ICI POUR APPLIQUER EN FRANÇAIS