Annual Giving and Events Specialist
Location: Remote with a preference for Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver
Language: English with French a strong asset
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to: Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Public Engagement
Closing Date: April 20th, 2023
Hiring Range: $65,385 – $68,655 with competitive benefits
Start Date: May 8th, 2023
Are you a passionate and strategic individual who loves teamwork and raising funds for an amazing cause? At Crossroads International, our team works hard every day to connect Canadians to issues in international development, raise awareness about gender equality in sub-Saharan Africa and secure support for capacity strengthening for our partners. The Annual Giving and Events Specialist will play a vital role in ensuring mass engagement with Crossroads’ new and existing supporters. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing an integrated annual giving program and events, inspiring supporters to make a difference in the lives of marginalized communities.
This is a meaningful opportunity to use your skills around donor acquisition and retention, project management, communication and content creation to retain and attract more supporters. The ideal candidate will be personally aligned with the organization’s vision for ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
- Ensures all areas of responsibility are carried out in compliance with the organization’s mission, values, policies and procedures, standards and systems
- Works in partnership with other members of the program, volunteer and external relations teams to provide financial insight and analysis
- Works in close collaboration with members of the finance and administrative team and cross-functional teams to achieve organizational goals as set forth in the strategic and operational plans
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead an integrated, multi-channel and donor-centric approach to fundraising and stewardship, in partnership with the Senior Manager Philanthropy and Public Engagement.
- Coordinate the annual solicitation plan for digital fundraising, direct mail, monthly giving, outbound calling and events to ensure we meet annual revenue goals across campaigns.
- Oversee online peer-to-peer campaigns, monthly donor acquisition, events, donor conversion and reactivation, gift upgrades and stewardship campaigns.
- Plan and execute the annual signature fundraiser event.
- Project Manage the Charity Challenge donor trip; collaborate with program staff, liaise with vendor, recruit trip participants, ensure trip goals are met; follow up with participants after the trip.
- Strategize with external vendors to determine timing, segmentation and calls to action for direct marketing campaigns and evaluate their contractual services.
- Identify, research and propose new opportunities for annual giving campaigns; test digital strategies across different channels including web, social media, email and online ads.
- Build, track, and schedule digital fundraising campaigns such as eblasts and social media, ensuring content aligns with Crossroads’ brand guidelines.
- Create and oversee all online donation forms.
- Analyze and report back on direct response KPI’s and objectives and make recommendations for improvements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all direct response vendors and any third-party fundraising sites driving revenue.
- Oversee the messaging for thank you letters and tax receipts for all annual giving campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator to ensure donor data is captured accurately in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Supervise interns and short-term administrative volunteers.
- Work with our public engagement and communications teams to create supporter engagement journeys within digital platforms and print communications, including proactive monitoring of digital assets, automations, etc. making recommendations to improve fundraising results, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO CROSSROADS
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, marketing, digital communications, or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- 3 years’ experience in a direct marketing role, preferably in fundraising/marketing.
- A proven track record in managing all aspects of successful in person fundraising events.
- Project management experience – in order to build and deliver multi-channel donor engagement campaigns for new and existing donors.
- Superb interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal skills in English; knowledge of French is desirable.
- Data analysis and reporting skills, especially as they pertain to direct response campaigns.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and work independently in identifying and communicating new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
- A high degree of initiative, with strong organization and time management skills, and ability to work quickly and accurately while keeping a keen eye on detail.
- A desire for change, an eagerness for learning, ability to learn quickly and enthusiasm for a growing, adaptable work environment.
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge NXT, Engaging Networks, Luminate Online, or similar software is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL) and privacy legislation, digital campaign execution, and a/b testing practices.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, donor databases, and fundraising software.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An equitable, inclusive, collaborative work environment where you have the opportunity to make an impact daily.
- Enthusiastic encouragement to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff.
- A hybrid working model to allow you to enjoy the benefits of both office based and remote working.
- An excellent, competitive benefits plan for you and your dependents.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, 3 weeks of wellness leave and 3 days of professional development leave.
- Annual cost of living increases, pending Board approval, and salary equity reviews every three years.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ESSENTIAL CONDITIONS
Crossroads International is a leading Canadian volunteer cooperation agency which has been advancing equality for women and girls and eradicating poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries in Africa for over 60 years. Crossroads invests in local partner organizations in 9 countries who are best positioned to meet the needs of their communities. With them, we pilot innovative approaches, and empower women and girls to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year Crossroads engages hundreds of experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address poverty and inequality. The organization’s 50+ employees are based in Canada, Senegal, Ghana and Tanzania, and Crossroads’ volunteers fulfil over 100 mandates per year.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Crossroads is also committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct and advancing anti-racism. To that end, the organization is a signatory to Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct and the Anti-Racism Framework for Canada’s International cooperation sector.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document (Word or PDF) before 5 pm EST on April 20th, 2023 by e-mail to [email protected]. Applications must include “Annual Giving and Events Specialist – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Not sure you have everything we’re asking for, but know you can make a big impact? Tell us your story and we will be happy to consider you.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Crossroads please visit our website (https://cintl.org/).