Associate, Supporter Engagement
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) has a multi‐faceted and dynamic Public Engagement and Resource Mobilization (PERM) team. It is made up of highly motivated professionals, whose responsibilities include: the development and execution of public engagement initiatives; the mobilization of financial resources from Canadian individuals and corporations; the management of corporate communications; collaboration with the AKDN and its agencies; volunteer engagement; and the stewarding of relationships with government partners and other institutions.
AKFC is seeking a Supporter Engagement Associate to join its PERM team to support a range of resource development activities that focus on stakeholder and volunteer engagement. This dynamic and collaborative position helps to ensure the retention and growth of fundraising revenue by managing key accounts, stewarding important volunteer relationships, and by building connections to the cause. Working closely with members of the PERM team, this position will be a key contributor to the successful implementation of the World Partnership Walk, World Partnership Golf, and other fundraising initiatives. Duties and responsibilities are wide‐ranging, given the evolving fundraising environment during the pandemic. This position is an 8-month contract until March 2022.
While AKFC is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario the position can be remote and reports to the Manager, Supporter Engagement. There is a preference for the Associate, Supporter Engagement to be based in BC or Alberta but candidacies are welcomed from all provinces of Canada.
The main tasks will include:
- Manage a variety of corporate and individual relationships to build awareness of the cause and grow fundraising revenue (corporate donors, sponsors, and workplace teams)
- Support the Manager, Supporter Engagement to develop and grow year‐round relationships with key fundraisers, donors, sponsors, company leaders, company influencers, and other individuals
- Assist, identify and support the acquisition, growth, and retention of corporate donors and sponsors
- Update Resource Development databases and spreadsheets on a regular basis
- Work effectively with other teams at AKFC to provide appropriate support and value to supporters
- Help recruit, onboard, train, and steward a volunteer fundraising team that is dedicated to strengthening relationships with key donors, fundraisers, and sponsors and achieving revenue goals
- Attend volunteer‐led meetings to obtain updates on the status of accounts, challenges, and opportunities
- Deliver presentations on the World Partnership Walk (WPW), World Partnership Golf (WPG), and the work of Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) and other related tasks, to drive participation and productivity for AKFC’s fundraising programs (Ex. presentations to schools, corporate audiences, service clubs.)
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in volunteer management, stakeholder engagement, sales and/or fundraising. Interest in international development is an asset.
- Experience working with corporate partners on a local and national level (donors, sponsors, and events)
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to understand and respond to various levels of expectations from diverse stakeholders and volunteers
- Highly organized, detail‐oriented, excellent problem‐solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude, and sound judgment
- Superb written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity, and flexibility in the workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Zoom & Google Drive
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Some evening and evening meetings/work required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references by August 20, 2021
, via email to [email protected].
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.akfc.ca