Ethiopiaid Canada is looking for a volunteer Board Secretary on behalf of our organization.
We are looking for someone that is able to commit 5 – 10 hours per month, and a minimum duration commitment of 1 year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills
- Teamworking skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to use standard software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office) and to learn bespoke packages if required
- Communicating meeting times, dates, and locations for meetings of the Board and committees
- Ensuring the maintenance of the minutes of the meetings and other records of the Board & Committees
- Facilitating informed and collaborative decision making by the Board
- The secretary records everything that happens during the meeting, including what was discussed what actions were voted on and what actions are being taken as a result
- The secretary also keeps complete, detailed records of all the business relations of the company or non-profit organization
- The secretary also makes sure that all records are properly and safely stored
- Provide personal administrative support to board members when needed
Phone: 613-238-4481 Email: [email protected]