Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary range: CA$85,000 – CA$90,000 per annum
Language requirements: English essential; French desirable
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Communications Manager plays a key role in telling stories of Cuso International’s impact to stakeholders, and the public, including donors, volunteers, alumni, and partners. The incumbent is a highly proficient writer and editor who has a passion for storytelling and uses their research and communications skills to coordinate and execute content marketing initiatives for a wide variety of external audiences. They have proven knowledge and experience developing content for both print and digital channels. The incumbent will translate complex information into understandable narratives, and is able to research and write feature articles, backgrounders, news releases, video scripts, speeches and more. This position is critical in advancing the communications and marketing efforts related to Cuso International’s impact and outreach efforts.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing, the successful applicant will have experience developing and implementing content across a diverse portfolio, using innovative thinking. Essential requirements include excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, advisory skills, and proven experience within a service-oriented culture. They must also be able to work well within a multidisciplinary team.
- Lead, plan, manage and successfully deliver key external and internal projects, including annual publications, reports, case for supports, newsletters, press releases and various marketing materials.
- Write clear, consistent, and captivating content in a variety of formats for a variety of purposes and platforms for internal and external stakeholder audiences – including articles for Catalyst, Cuso International’s alumni magazine, content for Cuso International’s website, electronic newsletters, and social media channels, that support our programs.
- Oversee writing of other materials including Cuso International’s annual report, donor reports, brochures, and
- Develop new content through research and interviews, establishing relationships with subject matter experts; and research appropriate external sources of information, references the material, and formats references in accordance with accepted style conventions.
- Provide editorial oversight, as needed, including editing (proofreading, copy editing, stylistic editing, substantive editing) to produce clear, meaningful, and relevant content.
- Review effectiveness of communications initiatives, including article uptake, and refines strategies as Maintain the editorial calendar as required and Cuso International’s central online repository (story directory) of data, quotes, testimonials, and other relevant content to support Cuso International’s work.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Digital Strategy, Outreach and Partnership Officer, the International Program team and Resource Development team, on communications initiatives as required.
- Maintain the photo and video library, and identify and store images and videos from the field, events, and volunteers
- Respond to requests for content from various departments across Cuso international as well as external stakeholders when appropriate
- Perform other duties as required by the Director, Communications and Marketing
- Supervise one direct report in the development and implementation of annual work plan and annual performance objectives that are aligned with Cuso International’s strategic plan.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for professional development for supervised staff in alignment with the organization’s learning and development policies.
- Ensure compliance with organizational decisions, policies, and procedures within area of responsibility.
The Communications Manager is expected to work effectively as part of the Communications and Marketing team and Cuso International staff teams and to:
- Undertake specific additional responsibilities from time-to-time, as may be agreed upon with the Director, Communications and Marketing
- Stay abreast of marketing and communication trends as related to this sector
- Foster a positive, respectful, fair and participatory work environment free from harassment, motivating team members to actively participate towards achieving Cuso International’s goals.
- Ensure Cuso International’s performance management culture and inclusive values are understood and respected, and that direct report receives adequate feedback and support to promote successful performance and high levels of employee engagement.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Eight years’ relevant experience in the communications field, with at least two years of line management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, with advanced skills to support tailored messages to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Excellent judgement, creativity, vision, research and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Adaptive and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and can lead a project from conception to implementation and evaluation
- A positive attitude towards collaboration and teamwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar relationship software, and the ability to analyze and use data for planning and decision making.
- Ability to travel throughout North America and occasionally, internationally and the ability to manage a flexible schedule.
We’re also looking for people who share our values:
- Partnership: We believe in the power of people. We employ a people-centred approach to development and the challenge of overcoming poverty and inequality.
- Respect and integrity: We value diversity. We recognize and care about the rights and dignity of others.
- Accountability: We proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. We seek to achieve and inspire excellence and are accountable to
How to Apply:
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Please click the “Apply for This Job” button to submit your application by April 14, 2023, at 11:59 PM (EST). Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications. Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.