Digital Health Circle (DHC), is a not-for-profit organization that is supported by industry, academia and government. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter for the role of Communications Manager.
You are a self-starter, dynamic communicator who has worked in a variety of roles over the course of a few years that has shaped your vision for your work. While career is important to you, working for a company doing impactful work in the lives of people is your real motivation.
You have experience in the development and delivery of communications strategies for a global audience, including print, web, and social media mediums. You are eager to tackle challenges of building recognition for a not-for-profit that punches above its weight, provincially, nationally and internationally.
You will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the rest of the staff, including both the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Technical Officer. You will be responsible for supervising the work of contractors and any students you may choose to engage to accomplish your objectives.
Our company, Digital Health Circle (DHC), is a dynamic, not-for-profit organization that is supported by industry, academia and government. SFU acts as our host institution and partner, working out of both the downtown and Surrey Campus. We use scientific expertise and an innovative methodology to help small and medium-sized health-care companies create digital solutions to meet the needs of their customers. DHC also helps train the next generation of health care innovators to be more effective contributors to the workforce.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and content release calendar, and monitor success.
- Research and understand key challenges, client behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impact programs within the digital health landscape.
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for DHC, including consistency of branding and messaging through all media. Principal formats:
- Video (website and social media)
- Manage relationships with key media players to secure and grow media coverage, both online and offline.
- Assist in the planning and promotion of DHC’s various campaigns, including major events.
- Plan and oversee DHC’s ongoing social media program.
- Content calendaring
- Content creation
- Account management
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level.
- Represent the organization at events and press conferences.
- Oversee design and content management of the DHC website, ensuring it remains current and innovative.
- Coordinate up-to-date media monitoring for the organization and oversee the maintenance of a library for press cuttings and media exposure.
- Prepare detailed quarterly media activity reports.
What You Bring:
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns.
- Must be able to think analytically and strategically.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Strength in networking and relationship building.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent understanding of social media and internet culture.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum eight years of experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in designing and executing communication plans, including social media.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Experience overseeing website content management and SEO.
- Not required, but would be an asset:
- Experience working in a not-for-profit
- Government relations, public relations or political campaign experience
- Podcasting or media production experience
- A degree in a science-related field and/or experience in a health science-related company
This role is presently working remotely due to COVID-19, but when the office reopens it may be a hybrid of the two.
All staff positions are open to all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, and marital or parental status.
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 depending upon experience.
Location: Virtual at present, then to-be-determined with at least some office time in-person.
Click here to Apply!