Content Development and Digital Tools Intern – Training
As part of the new Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), Crossroads International is looking for a creative and versatile person to support the development of digital content as part of the e-learning and digital tool portal launch.
In April 2020, Crossroads launched the 2020-2027 Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP). The 2020-2027 VCP includes a significant increase in the number of volunteers, an expansion into new countries of operation and a significant increase in the number of local partner organizations. This increase in the number of stakeholders, combined with the current pandemic context, requires a significant digital transition. Indeed, Crossroads must ensure that it has effective and innovative technological solutions and tools to adequately train all volunteers and international partner organizations on the new VCP.
The VCP launch also coincides with the deployment of new institutional approaches and policies on gender equality, climate & environmental justice, harassment and sexual violence and a new approach to public engagement. The training of volunteers and partners has been revised and continues to be improved to reflect this new content.
In these technological solutions, Crossroads aims to set up a computerized administrative process for volunteers as well as a portal bringing together tools, documents and interactive training for volunteers and partners.
The intern will support the Volunteer Mobilization Team in the development of content and digital training tools for Crossroads International volunteers and staff.
- Support the development and implementation of digital strategies relating to stakeholder training (volunteers, international partner organizations);
- Develop the navigation plan for the volunteer and partner portal on SharePoint;
- Create online training modules including interactive workshops and educational capsules with the Sway and Stream tools of Microsoft 365; and
- Support the development of digital toolboxes in connection with the training modules.
- Digital skills: computer knowledge, skills in creating and managing digital tools,
- Skills in developing digital training content,
- Experience with international NGOs, ideally experience with volunteer sending organizations,
- Diploma of studies in a relevant field,
- Excellent command of the French and English languages, and
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., SharePoint, Lists, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.).
- This position is specifically for a candidate who identifies as one or more of the following: Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Immigrant/Refugee Youth, Aboriginal Youth, Visible Minority/Racialized Youth, LGBTQ2 Youth, Disabled Youth, or Anglophone Youth living in Quebec,
- Good knowledge of media and digital challenges,
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills,
- Ability to work in decentralized networks based on sharing, mutual aid and collaboration, and
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility and resourcefulness.
ELIGIBILITY CRITIERIA AND ESSENTIAL CONDITIONS
- As the funding for this position comes from Service Canada’s 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program, applicants MUST meet specific criteria. Applicants who do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below should not apply. The criteria include being:
- A citizen of Canada, OR a permanent resident, OR a person who has been granted refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Please note that international students are not eligible.); AND
- Between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive.
- Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
- Work a maximum of 35 hours per week.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before September 26, 2021
by e-mail to [email protected]
. Applications must include “Content Development Intern – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted