CSIH MentorNet connects Students and Young Professionals (SYPs) interested in global health with experts in the field for discussion and coaching over a period of eight months.
Applications for the 2021 MentorNet program will be accepted until Friday, January 29 2021 (11:59 PM EST).
What do we look for in an application?
The Students and Young Professionals (SYPs) that we accept in our program each year come from a variety of backgrounds and have diverse experiences and knowledge within the field of global health. We receive easily over a hundred applications each year, but our program can only accommodate 20-35 SYPs per year (subject to availability of mentors).
Mentees are expected to become CSIH members. Information about Membership can be found here: http://www.csih.org/en/about/membership
As you apply, please remember;
1. This program is competitive, and that the Steering Committee does not personally know you or what you have accomplished. In order for the committee to fully understand your knowledge and background in the field, please be specific, comprehensive and concise in your responses – for example, rather than simply stating you conducted “research work in Peru,” please provide specifics about your role and accomplishments. The Steering Committee would love to hear about the amazing things SYP candidates have done in the past, and very much appreciate the time you put into your application.
2. Refrain from copying and pasting chunks of your CV or resume. Instead connect your formative experiences with your one to five year professional goals to highlight how you would benefit from having a mentor with the program.
3. What you get out of MentorNet depends on how much time and energy you invest in MentorNet. Reflect on your professional and personal commitments for the year before you apply. You will ultimately take an opportunity away from a young professional very much invested in this program.
4. ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS will be contacted.
5. Applications are evaluated based on the submissions. Please refrain from submitting your CV or resume via email.
6. Successful applicants are notified by late February 2021. You have 5 days to share your continued interest in the program upon receipt of the Applicant Update. If we do not hear from you, we will offer the spot to another candidate.
Please note that the information you provide will be used to contact you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
Applications for the 2021 MentorNet program will be accepted until Friday, January 29, 2021 (11:59 PM EST).
January 15, 2021
January 29, 2021
Organization:Canadian Society for International Health
SHARE THIS POST: