Development Officer – Monthly Giving
Canadian Feed The Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For nearly 35 years, CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with Indigenous communities in Canada, to deliver programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
Our head office is in North York however, we continue to work from home/remotely during these unprecedented times. We hope to be back in our office space at some point in the future however we are choosing to be ultra-safe out of respect for the health and well-being of our employees.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Annual Giving & Data Analytics, and serving as an integral member of a dynamic philanthropy & donor servicing team, the Development Officer – Monthly Giving has an organized, process oriented mindset and a passion for engaging supporters.
This position is responsible to oversee, execute, organize, measure, and coordinate CFTC’s donor administration functions, with a focus on monthly giving. Critical to this role, is the management of four main areas of focus: managing the monthly portfolio, coordinating child sponsorship administration activities, providing excellent donor care and helping to support single gift administration.
1) Execution and automation of new monthly donor set up and ongoing existing monthly donor administration.
- Execution of the monthly donor strategy for Child Sponsor and Everyday Heroes, including donor journey development and donor experience.
- Help support and monitor the budget in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Annual Giving & Data Analytics.
- Set up new monthly donors and child sponsors, acquired over the phone, by mail, online, and via tele-fundraising and other acquisition campaigns into Raiser’s Edge NXT (RE NXT), including ongoing tracking of donor status with reports and actions.
- Twice a month, execute and automate an arrears and payment reminder process; including optimizing multi-channel contact via mail, email, voiceblast and phone.
- Help build automated donor action tracks and journeys, including reporting and tracking in RE NXT, to analyze the success of donor touchpoints to increase retention.
- Every month, analyze monthly acquisition and retention performance.
- Create, update and distribute donor stewardship content, including welcome packages, community updates, letters, brochures, and videos.
- Work with external vendors as required for the monthly donor portfolio program activity.
2) Coordination of annual child sponsorship activities across four countries: Bolivia, Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda.
- Manage all child sponsorship administration activities across the four child sponsorship program countries and CFTC Toronto office, including training of international staff and partners.
- Create and deliver annual child sponsorship updates, which includes working with Communications and Programs team to produce accurate child sponsorship community profiles one time per year.
- Work with external vendors to maintain and upgrade the Child Sponsorship Information Database (CSID) and integrate sponsored child records monthly between the CSID and RE NXT, using advanced import and export techniques.
- Once a year, create critical paths for all child sponsorship activity. This requires ongoing coordination with Country Offices throughout the year.
- Coordinate three verification reports in February, July and November, and complete all resulting child replacements.
- Create regular monthly reports to monitor child sponsorship activities.
3) Providing outstanding donor care through donor inquiries and requests.
- Provide overflow support for donor inquiries via phone, mail and email in a professional and efficient manner. Donor support may include duplicate donor receipting, change of payment or contact information, and receiving donations.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of constituent records in databases including RE NXT and CSID.
- Support data clean up as required through advanced level Excel use with high attention to detail.
- Create and maintain operational manuals for Supporter Services in partnership with other staff
4) Ad hoc Single gift processing administration.
- Single gift mail donation processing as required.
- Support for Best Gift Ever, In Honour/In Memory printed card fulfillment.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT database view and web view preferred, or experience with similar CRM system.
- Advanced skills in Export, Query, recurring gift management, Lists, Report Builder and Workflow Designer.
- Familiar with Omatic Software, with experience working with the Importomatic PlugIn.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Word, with experience creating reports, using pivot tables, functions, and mail merge.
- Extraordinary attention to detail with strong skills in data and reporting.
- Ideally minimum of five years of experience managing monthly giving, administration of constituent records and customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a strong focus on phone and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Desire to make a sustainable difference while having fun in the process!
Interested? Please submit your resume and cover letter by July 4, 2021 to: [email protected]
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canadian Feed The Children is committed to creating a diverse and equality-based environment.
We are committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.