Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist works with the Manager, Digital Strategy to develop, maintain and administer successful digital communications including website management, social media, online fundraising, recruitment, e-newsletter development, marketing materials and data management for Cuso International. Working collaboratively with other departments, this position helps to promote the organization and support fundraising through various online platforms.
- Oversee the day-to-day requirements of the Cuso website and ongoing management, including ensuring brand consistency (visual and written) as well as monitoring and evaluating website analytics
- Conduct search engine optimization, search engine marketing and targeted keyword campaigns as needed (organic and paid), as well as managing the Google Ad Grants account
- Participate in the strategy, development, deployment and analysis of digital communications including email marketing, newsletters, and fundraising appeals using Blackbaud Luminate Online and Raisers Edge NXT CRM software
- Coordinate social media messaging and moderate platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) including engaging with followers as appropriate, ensuring brand guidelines and policies are being followed, and reporting on analytics
- Make recommendations for annual budgets and expenditures in support of the digital communications portfolio
- Ensure brand standards style consistency on all digital content
- Coordinate with Cuso International’s agency partners
- Manage and update email subscriber lists
The Digital Marketing Specialist is expected to work effectively as part of the Cuso staff team and in particular to:
- Contribute to the general discussion of issues relating to Cuso International’s communications and marketing program
- Participate in cross-team projects in support of organizational objectives
- Take direction and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be creative in finding solutions to challenges and demonstrate initiative
- Be flexible and willing to help with a wide range of tasks
- Work independently within larger team
- Undertake specific additional responsibilities from time-to-time, as may be agreed upon with the Manager, Digital Strategy
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience working in digital communications and marketing or similar industry
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Experience in digital fundraising principles and objectives
- Prior experience working with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools e.g., Raisers Edge and Luminate Online & CMS (Content Management Systems) WordPress on a daily basis
- Extremely comfortable/knowledgeable in executing email marketing using Luminate online software
- Good understanding of web design and UX principles
- Experience monitoring and evaluating digital analytics
- Attention to detail, including ability to proof-read and edit
- Demonstrated understanding of internet search engine optimization and marketing
- Effective inter-personal skills
- Attitudes and behaviours that show respect for diversity
- Able to work productively and professionally in a remote-work arrangement within an already established and safe home office, if applicable to location, and within commutable distance by ground to the Ottawa or Toronto office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
How to apply!
If Cuso International sounds like the kind of organization that you would like to work for and you have the qualifications for this job, we certainly would like to hear from you! Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Please click here to submit your application by 4:30 PM EST October 22, 2021 for internal candidates or by 4:30 PM EST November 12, 2021 for external candidates.
How to Apply:
Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.