Director of Finance and Administration
LUCKY IRON FISH (LIF)
LIF has created a small iron cooking tool, in the shape of a fish or a leaf, that infuses meals with a healthy amount of iron to help prevent and address iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. Iron deficiency is the world’s largest micronutrient challenge, negatively impacting the lives of over 2 billion people around the world. The Lucky Iron fish or leaf is simple to use and provides a natural source of iron that is clinically proven and safe to use. As a certified B-Corp, impact is at the core of what we do. A portion of every sale goes towards donating Lucky Iron Fish products and services to communities in need around the world.
Lucky Iron Fish Inc. is seeking a Director of Finance & Administration to be the financial and administrative leader and strategic business partner to the CEO and senior executive leadership team.
Strategy, Financial Planning and Management
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational goals.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization and provide insights and recommendations for both the short-term and long-term growth plan of the organization, including identification of key risks and opportunities.
- In collaboration with the CEO and leadership team, establish financial objectives and a capital strategy that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual operating budget and three-year financial forecasts to support growth goals.
Accounting Management and Reporting
- Oversee accounting and payroll services to ensure the proper functioning of all processes and systems.
- Ensure the preparation and communication of weekly and monthly reports, and quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors, and company’s board of directors.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability. Oversee accounts payable and receivables management.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local sales and federal tax returns.
- Support Director of Operations with sales tax filings (CRA, VAT etc.)
Payroll, Human Resources and Administration
- Manage payroll services and ensure all compliances.
- Oversee total compensation plan and implementation including base salary, benefits programs, short-term and long-term incentives.
- General Liability & Other Company Insurance – review and renew annually.
- Coordination with external legal counsel to review contracts and prepare legal documentation.
- Strong background or experience in financial management, accounting, and strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to collaborate, advise and motivate the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Experience with Canadian and International tax compliance is not required but an asset.
- Ideally suited to former CFO or senior finance executive looking to assist a social enterprise with ambitious growth plans!
- $75,000 – $85,000 base salary plus merit-based pay in addition to work from home benefit.
- Option to hire as a consultant or salaried position. Salaried position would have access to comprehensive health & dental benefit package.
How to Apply:
For more information please visit https://luckyironfish.com/pages/careers
Interested candidates can apply to Gavin Armstrong at [email protected].