El Salvador – Gender and Care Advisor
This is a 12-month mandate in San Salvador, El Salvador.
The mandate is under the Equality in Action Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), which takes place in 14 countries and 3 regions over a seven-year period (2020-2027).
The VCP aims to increase the involvement of local partners in developing countries in inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam’s role is to support these organizations, working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people, to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam places the rights of women, girls, and vulnerable and marginalized people at the heart of everything we do.
Here’s what your daily life will look like:
In close collaboration with Oxfam’s in-country team members, your mandate will be to:
- Buiding the capacity of local organizations, by:
- Integrating individual and collective wellness concepts into their organizational documents and tools and/or revising and adapting them
- Establishing a healthy organizational culture that is gender and human rights oriented
- Implement a training and knowledge development plan on gender equality, diversity, intersectional inclusion, human rights and prevention of gender-based violence;
- Develop a capacity-building process for local organizations on health and care and psychological first aid;
- Design and monitor the implementation of gender-based violence prevention strategies and psychosocial approaches
- Promote spaces for dialogue and democratic debate that allow participants to propose their ideas for the improvement of existing conditions;
- Develop context analyses and reports for stakeholders.
For this mandate you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada;
- Have a university degree in psychology, social work or other relevant field;
- Have 2 years of experience relevant to the mandate;
- Know the concepts of human rights, inclusion and prevention of gender-based violence;
- Have a good knowledge of El Salvador;
- Be fluent in Spanish, spoken and written (required);
- Master the Office suite.
What we offer:
- Monthly allowance for living expenses;
- 20% inscrease in living allowance for an accompanying child (maximum of 2 children)
- 1 500$ CAD per year/ per child for schooling
- Monthly amount for rent;
- Round trip flight with 2 checked luggage;
- Round trip flight for accompanying child(ren)
- 200$ CAD for additional luggage;
- Advantageous medical insurance for you and the accompanying child(ren);
- A volunteer support program during your mandate and up to two months after your return to Canada;
- 20 days of vacation and other holidays;
- Access to various training courses (E-Learning, etc.);
- An rewarding experience with a well-known and recognized organization!
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy against any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud. To do this, Oxfam will ensure recruiting people who demonstrate and embody the same values.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that this posting ends before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the mandate, please send your application (CV and cover letter in the working language of the country: French, English or Spanish) by clicking here.