El Salvador – Technologies Information Advisor
The mandate is under the Equality in Action Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), which takes place in 14 countries and 3 regions over a seven-year period (2020-2027). The VCP aims to increase the involvement of local partners in developing countries in inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam’s role is to support these organizations, working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people, to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam places the rights of women, girls, and vulnerable and marginalized people at the heart of everything it does.
Here’s what your daily life will look like:
In close collaboration with Oxfam’s in-country team members, your mandate will be to:
- Design, implement and administer an e-learning platform to diffuse educational materials for Oxfam’s local partner organizations in El Salvador;
- Develop training materials and procedures in collaboration with local partner organizations;
- Train these partner organizations through webinars, workshops or any other support deemed necessary, in order to strengthen their capacities to use and manage this learning platform;
- Write a user guide explaining the functioning and procedures of the platform in order to facilitate its use;
- Train the users of the platform on cybersecurity and make them aware of the importance of the issues involved.
For this mandate you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada;
- Have university or technical degree related to Programming, Information and Technology (IT), Computer training, or similar;
- Have 2 years of experience relevant to the mandate;
- Have a strong knowledge of programming, cybersecurity, network and webinar maintenance, educational website creation;
- Be fluent in Spanish, spoken and written (required);
- Master the Office suite, HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java and other programming tools.
What we offer:
- Monthly allowance for living expenses;
- 20% increase in the allowance per accompanying child (maximum of 2
- 1,500$ CAD per year/per child for school fees;
- Monthly housing allowance;
- Round trip flight with 2 checked luggage;
- Round trip flight for accompanying child(ren)
- 200$ CAD for additional luggage;
- Advantageous medical insurance for you and the accompanying child(ren);
- A volunteer support program during your mandate and up to two months after the end of your mandate;
- 20 days of vacation and other holidays;
- Access to various training courses (E-Learning, etc.);
- A rewarding experience with a well-known and recognized organization.
- For mandates of less than 12 months, conditions apply.
How to Apply:
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy against any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do this, Oxfam will ensure recruiting people who demonstrate and embody the same values.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that this posting ends before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the mandate, please send your application (CV and cover letter) in the working language of the country – Spanish – by clicking on the button below.
Click here to apply!