Executive and Project Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Executive and Project Assistant
POSITION TYPE: 1.0 FTE
REPORTING TO: CEO
LOCATION: Work-from-home position, based anywhere in Canada
The Executive and Project Assistant (EPA) is the executive assistant to the CEO and provides key administrative and secretarial support such as coordinating meetings, managing calendars and emails for the CEO as well as providing logistical and programmatic support to the Senior Management Team. The EPA acts as a centralized support to all departments and teams, demonstrating an ability to comprehend and execute activities across multiple portfolios, such as communications support, event and logistics support, operational support and governance support.
The EPA enhances the effectiveness of the CEO and is a talented multi-tasker, highly resourceful, able to act without guidance, technologically savvy, professional, demonstrates a keen sense of attention to detail and initiative, well organized with great time management skills, and conducts with extreme tact when managing confidential files.
Executive Assistant responsibilities
- Coordinates and schedules the full scope of logistics for video-meetings, teleconferences, webinars, in-person staff and stakeholder meetings
- Coordinates travel arrangements for CEO, board and staff members including visa procurement, event registrations, accommodations, and transportation
- Supports CEO communications with high level stakeholders including the CanWaCH Board of Directors, CanWaCH members, political stakeholders and funders
- Triage of CEO email communications including proactive engagements with senior management and staff team.
- Assists with tracking upcoming events
- Occasional domestic and international travel required to support events and logistics
HR, Operations and Finance responsibilities
- Coordinating staff onboarding and orientation
- Support in recruitment process including managing job postings and scheduling and supporting interviews
- Supports filing of expense reports, vendor invoices and timesheets
- Supports preparation of appropriate documentation and cost comparisons for CEO and staff expenses
- Assists with vendor support and contracting
- Organizational record management and support
- Organizes and maintains the office filing system
- Proven experience as an executive, project or administrative assistant
- Experience working in the non-profit sector an asset
- Tech savvy, with excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite online tools (e.g. Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar)
- A strong aptitude or demonstrated experience using online tools (essential for a virtual office environment)
- Working knowledge of Google Survey, Mailchimp and other communications tools desirable
- Proficiency in English; bilingualism in French/English an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated business writing skills (general correspondence)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a virtual office environment
- High level of customer service and professionalism
- Exemplary tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, with ability to work with minimal guidance
- Team player
- Strong organizational, task management and problem-solving skills with impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload
Please click here to apply!
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health | Le Partenariat canadien pour la santé des femmes et des enfants practices employment equity and is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community, including members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, neurodiverse individuals, and persons with disabilities.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.