Seva Canada Society is an international development organization, based in Vancouver, that works with partner organizations in low income countries to restore sight and prevent blindness.
In our 40 years of operations, we have restored the sight of over 5 million people in some of the hardest to reach places in the world by working with local eye care programs to provide high quality, accessible, equitable and sustainable eye care programs. We believe in equity and dignity in development and use evidence-based data for all our program decisions.
For more information about Seva Canada visit our website: https://www.seva.ca/
Seva Canada is seeking an experienced Executive Director (ED) with demonstrated strategic initiative, who is skilled in networking and fundraising, and who thrives on the challenge of developing and implementing innovative approaches to international development.
In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for both creating and implementing Seva’s strategic plan including fundraising, marketing, program development, and establishment, implementation and review of goals and objectives in each of these areas. This includes overseeing the day-to-day operations of Seva to ensure its financial sustainability and successful long-term operations, providing leadership in the development of program, organizational, and financial plans, and executing policies authorized by the Board.
- Provide thoughtful and innovative executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent and empowering to both staff and international partners and programs.
- Apply innovative thinking to support strategic decision making and to identify opportunities for additional growth and cutting-edge programming, particularly as it relates to fostering the self-sustainability of program partners.
- Develop the rationale, plans and performance measurements necessary for successful achievement of goals.
- Work closely with international program partners, providing financial, administrative, human resource, policy, and management advice and support as they strive to achieve their vision and goals. Visit partner programs regularly to provide on-site support and monitor their performance against stated goals and objectives.
External Relationship Building
- Identify and create strategic alliances, both domestically and internationally, to support and leverage Seva’s work.
- Represent Seva publicly and promote a transparent and positive image.
- Drive growth and development of fundraising and leverage the Board to do the same.
Operations and Administration
- Responsible for fiscal management through hands on budget development and oversight, overseeing the organization’s financial and programmatic results and routinely reporting financial performance to the Board.
- Ensure that key performance indicators (KPI’s) are up to date, relevant, achievable, and well communicated, that effective plans to achieve them are in place, and that staff have the resources, skills and ability to implement the plans. Report to the Board of Directors on progress in achieving KPI’s and recommend adjustments as necessary based on changing internal or external environment.
- Attend Board meetings as required and provide Board members with all information necessary to make informed decisions.
- Manage and motivate staff, overseeing processes such as hiring, ongoing staff development, and compensation and benefits.
- Encourage professional development for staff and encourage accountability.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field, plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in nonprofit leadership, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A demonstrated passion for Seva Canada’s mission and programs and for international development.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing innovative approaches to international programs.
- Experience designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead an organization toward positive growth through success in fundraising including, but not limited to, government sources, grants, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Ability to represent Seva’s work publicly and to foster new relationships and networks to expand Seva’s reach.
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a complex budget.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with Board, staff, donors and international partners.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Competitive salary and benefits as well as funding for international travel to review and assess programs, ongoing professional development, and work-related expenses.
How to Apply:
Apply for this position on LinkedIn or Gerard Search.