The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is the national professional association representing midwives and the profession of midwifery in Canada. CAM is staffed by a team of enthusiastic individuals dedicated to providing support for midwives and the profession of midwifery in Canada and globally.
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst works closely with project officers to ensure the effective financial monitoring of projects and continued support to the Project Officers. The Financial Analyst has a thorough understanding of financial and administrative policies and procedures, as well as grant requirements and will act as a liaison to the donor’s finance unit. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the verification and preparation of payroll data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with project officers in monitoring of project expenditures and in performing forecasting activities
• Perform budget vs actuals analysis on a monthly basis for projects
• Verify accounting transactions recorded in projects to ensure proper coding
• Ensure obligations and regulations related to donor agreements are respected
• Understand donor requirements and liaise with donor and local partner’s finance team when necessary
• Prepare donor monthly/quarterly financial reports
• Responsible for coordinating payment, advance and reimbursements with donor
• Actively participate in creation and implementation of reporting tools to aid project staff gain better financial understanding
• Assist Director of Finance coordinate donor audits
• Prepare reconciliation of accounts as part of the month-end process
Payroll & Timesheet Administration
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll files for approval by the Director of Finance/Executive Director
• Address all payroll enquiries from staff
• Prepare year end reports and filing of all annual returns with federal/provincial governments
• Ensure accurate recording of staff times and timely approvals from supervisors
• Responsible for training of new staff on the use of the timesheet system and supporting
current staff in its proper use
• Record payroll entries
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• University degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or related field, and/or 3+ years of intermediate equivalent experience with comprehensive knowledge of accounting
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications particularly with MS Excel
• Previous payroll experience
• Knowledge of accounting software SAGE 50 a strong asset
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate flexibility and meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in English and in French is a strong asset
• Knowledge of Desjardins payroll and timesheets system
• Knowledge and experience with Treasury Board Guidelines and with Global Affairs Canada
and/or other donor contracts and contribution agreements
Working Conditions & Location
• Work done from CAM’s head office in Montréal, Québec or from a home-based office as
• Permanent position, full-time
Start Date: October 2021
Please follow these instructions:
• To apply for this position, you must be authorized to work in Canada.
• Send your CV and a cover letter in one PDF document and ensure that your first and last
names and the letters “FinAnalyst” are included in the file name.
• Send your PDF by email ONLY with the subject “Finance Analyst Application” to
• Deadline for applications is Sunday, October 24th, 2021 at 5 p.m. ET
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities who are committed to be part of a team that is made of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
October 13, 2021
October 24, 2021
Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM)
SHARE THIS POST: