The Global Shapers Community is a network of young changemakers who are exceptional in their potential, achievement and drive to make a contribution to their local communities.
OUR THREE MAIN PILLARS:
1) We work together towards positive social impact. As Global Shapers, we work together on community-oriented projects.
2) We are a global network of over 8,500+ members across 400+ Hubs in cities around the world. We connect and learn from each other locally; we host visiting Shapers in Ottawa from other Hubs, and we bond with local Shapers whenever we travel outside of Ottawa.
3) We represent young people at the table. Over half of the world’s population is under the age of 27.
AS A GLOBAL SHAPER, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
– Belong to a global network of outstanding young leaders who collaborate closely to shape a better future, engaging with the broader community;
– Further develop leadership skills and capabilities through Hub projects, meetings, and informal gatherings;
– Actively initiate and contribute to local, regional, and global initiatives, towards improving the state of the world.
GLOBAL SHAPERS OTTAWA HUB:
– You must be a resident of the Ottawa-Gatineau region (*While we acknowledge COVID-19 has disbursed some to our hometowns, you must have immediate plans to return full-time to the NCR region in the near future*)
– You must be between 18-27 years old at the time of application
– You are not a sibling nor partner of existing members
Global Shapers represent all walks of life: they are diverse in expertise, demographics, social backgrounds, and professional endeavours. Ideal candidates are globally-minded change-makers with a demonstrated track record of success in their communities and in their respective domains of expertise or interest.
Priority will be given to applicants who identify as Indigenous, persons with a disability, gender diverse, refugees, asylum seekers, come from a low-income background or have not finished their postsecondary education.
October 3rd – October 24th: Call for applications
October 24th, 11:59 pm EST: Applications close
October 25th – November 6th: Global Shapers review applications
November 7th: Emails go out to candidates who have advanced to the next stage
November 11th: Deadline for candidates to confirm a spot at interviews.
November 12th – 20th: Interviews with shortlisted candidates
November 21st – 26th: Final selection deliberations
November 27th: All candidates notified of acceptance or requested to apply again. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact [email protected]
Please submit your application here!
October 11, 2022
October 24, 2022
Global Shapers Ottawa Hub
SHARE THIS POST: