Manager of Development and Engagement
POSITION: Manager of Development and Engagement
STATUS: 1.0 FTE (One year, parental leave contract)
REPORTING TO: Director, Strategic Partnerships and Gender Equality
LOCATION: Work-from-home position, based in Canada
WHO WE ARE:
The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) is a proud membership of more than 100 non-governmental organizations (NGOS), academic institutions, health professional associations and individuals partnering to improve health outcomes for women and children in more than 1,000 communities worldwide. CanWaCH unites the expertise and commitment of Canadian organizations and individuals to advance the health and rights of women, children and adolescents globally, envisioning a world where women, children and adolescents, in all their diversity, realize their right to thrive in full health.
CanWaCH is a completely virtual organization, with all staff operating from home offices across Canada. The ability to thrive in a fast paced and complex environment is essential. CanWaCH is a good fit for you if you are able to juggle multiple priorities, navigate changing realities and work effectively with a range of styles and approaches. CanWaCH strives to create an environment of radical candor, matched with a ‘can-do’ attitude and ambition. You would be an excellent fit if you enjoy thinking outside the box, see yourself as a ‘builder’ and inspire community and connections.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Development and Engagement (MDE) works closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Gender Equality to manage organizational processes and delivery of program activities. Possessing superior project management skills, the MDE excels in a fast-paced environment that requires discipline and adaptability. With excellent judgment, the MDE is able to work with limited information, provides expertise and leadership, and works well within a team. As an individual who thrives in relationship management, the MDE is able to expertly manage relationships with external stakeholders including members, partners and vendors. In addition, the MDE has experience in the strategic development of fundraising and fund diversification strategies. A strong understanding and practical experience of international development programming and gender equality is preferred.
Member engagement (approx. 25% of role)
- Coordinate the development and regular review of the CanWaCH’s member engagement strategy, membership procedures and membership policy
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to manage the development and strategic implementation of membership engagement activities which respond to members needs, provide value, and create a sense of community
- Monitor, evaluate and manage members engagement including member and associate applications, renewals and retention; levels of engagement; member engagement surveys; and client relationship management tools, ultimately driving excellence in the breadth and depth of engagement
Support monitoring, evaluation and reporting (approx. 40% of role)
- Manage comprehensive monitoring and evaluation of CanWaCH programs including internal quarterly reporting across the organization and all programs
- Manage the development, coordination and delivery of reports including annual work plans, progress reports, mid-year reports of annual work plans
- Support internal reporting, project M&E and compliance with funding agreements
Manage the development of fundraising and fund diversification opportunities for CanWaCH (approx. 10% of role)
- Support the development and manage the execution of a fund diversification strategy, including identifying funding opportunities, coordinating proposal and concept development management
Coordinate and advance governance activities (25%)
- In close collaboration with the senior management team, manage and coordinate Board and Board committee calendar and activities
- Coordinate board related processes that include, but are not limited to recruitment and reviews
- Develop board and board committee agendas, meeting packages, and other meeting materials
- Coordinate logistics and take minutes at Board and Board committee meetings
- Proactively identify key moments to engage and or provide communications to board members
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to CanWaCH’s values, vision and mission
- Self-reflection and ability to navigate differences in opinion and difficult conversations Demonstrated sense of humour
- Experience operating effectively in a virtual environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High degree of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and tact
- Experience in evaluation techniques
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and exceptional ability to manage multiple activities to tight timelines, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ease in ability to build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Demonstrated excellence in ability and willingness to work effectively as a team member
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, with proven track record in program and project management, including reporting
- University degree in relevant field (social science, gender, community development, international development), Equivalent combination of education (e.g. diploma) and experience will be considered..
- Fluency in a second language
- Facilitation and public speaking experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. Should you require an accommodation or adjustment, please indicate this in your application.
- CanWaCH is an equal opportunity employer. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code. CanWaCH particularly welcomes submissions from qualified applicants from diverse communities, including but not limited to: youth, Indigenous communities, newcomer Canadians, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2I communities.
- CanWaCH does not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. All offers of employment are conditional upon signing Human Resource Policies.
- Opportunity to work remotely
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- A competitive base salary
- Employee medical, dental, vision, benefits plan
- Contribution to retirement plan
- Wellness allowance
- Competitive vacation allowance and additional days during the winter holidays
All staff must be eligible to work in Canada and able to travel for work.
This position will remain open until filled with an anticipated first round of interviews the week of January 10th. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to [email protected]