Manager of Partnerships & Project Development
The Manager of Partnerships & Project Development is responsible for managing partnerships with funders, CSOs, and institutions, and developing long-term strategies to secure multi-year strategic partnerships. The Manager will track program development efforts, identify and lead new project opportunities, and represent the CAGH to partners and other external stakeholders, as needed.
Position Title: Manager of Partnerships & Project Development
Annual Full-time Salary: CAD 60,000 – 68,000
FTE: 60% (1-year term)
Start Date: September 2022
Summary: The Manager of Partnerships & Project Development is responsible for managing partnerships with funders, CSOs, and institutions, and developing long-term strategies to secure multi-year strategic partnerships. The Manager will track program development efforts, identify and lead new project opportunities, and represent the CAGH to partners and other external stakeholders, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds relationships with representatives of potential donors and strategic partners.
- Identifies new partners and/or donors to enhance and expand CAGH programming and project portfolio.
- Builds upon existing donor relationships, maintains complete and orderly records of donors, and manages regular donor communications.
- Raises CAGH’s profile and credibility with external stakeholders by communicating a positive image of CAGH’s activities and engagements.
- Maintains organizational profiles in potential donor tender portals.
- Contributes actively to CAGH’s positioning to ensure funding of key programming strategies.
- Analyzes opportunities and makes recommendations on potential program and funding strategies.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director develops strategic approaches, partnerships, management/staffing plans, M&E, budgets, and project designs.
- Monitors international and national developments latest thinking and best practices for global health strategy and program implementation.
- Develops and defines partnership arrangements as related to specific proposals and long-term collaboration.
- Ensures all actions are completed at the end of a proposal development process.
- Identifies leads and supports all project development efforts.
- Identifies and analyzes new project opportunities within Canada and internationally, regularly monitoring opportunities from donors and other organizations through networks and various donor platforms.
- Develops and writes high-quality proposals, reports, evaluations and budgets for grant/contract funding.
- Collaborates with the CAGH Finance Director for developing budgets for funding proposals.
- Develops and maintains key project development-related documents.
- Supports the Executive Director in negotiating proposals and/or contracts with donors.
- Coordinates regularly with all engaged in project development.
- Communicates CAGH’s mission, experience, and value-add in the sector effectively.
- Communicates effectively to ensure successful implementation of project development objectives.
- Work in close collaboration with the CAGH Communications Team to create marketing materials (flyers, brochures, etc.) to be used for the promotion of CAGH programs and activities.
- Develops and maintains content for relevant sections of the website and social media.
- Disseminates CAGH related information to interested parties as requested.
- Represents CAGH at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as global health, international relations, or international development.
- Minimum 5 years of partnership development and proposal writing experience
- Experience with non-profit and Global Health organizations, strongly preferred
- Sound knowledge of key global health, health equity, and health systems strengthening issues
- A commitment to supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Knowledge of proposal templates, contractual obligations and reporting requirements of institutional and other significant donors (such as GAC, WB, ADB, etc.)
- Managerial experience and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to tailor written information for maximum impact among various audiences
- Analytical skills, with demonstrated ability in gathering and assimilating facts and data from various sources
- Ability to prioritize and manage a varied workload with a range of concurrent projects and deadlines
- Bilingualism (English, French) an asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter outlining how their skills and experience match the requirements in the job description to [email protected] (please write Application for Manager of Partnerships & Program Development in the subject line). Applications will be accepted, and applicants short-listed and interviewed on a rolling-basis.
This post will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.