Organizational Funding Stream
As part of the Stand Up project, Oxfam Canada is pleased to announce support for several initiatives that will raise awareness in Canada about sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), such as:
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE)
- Contraceptive care
- Access to youth-friendly Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services
- Access to safe abortion and other reproductive healthcare
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- 2SLGBTQ+ rights
- Destigmatizing sex positivity and the right to pleasure
- Ending Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
- Sex worker rights
- Other SRHR issues
Oxfam Canada will be supporting public engagement initiatives based in Canada under 2 different streams: one for individual youth (age 18-29); and one for self-identified women’s rights organizations (WROs) or youth-led organizations (YLOs).
Selected activities must respect differences of gender, sexual orientation, identity, ability, race, language, religion, country of origin and political perspective.
Do you work for a women’s rights organization (WRO) or youth-led organization (YLO’s) that is doing sustained community mobilization on SRHR?
We will provide two WRO’s or YLO in Canada with $20,000 to support community mobilization initiatives on SRHR anywhere in Canada, with the exception of Québec. We expect the selected organization to complete the designated activities within 12 months of signing the support agreement.
Eligibility and requirements:
- Organization must self-identify as a women’s rights organization and/or youth led organization.
- Organizations must have a Canadian registered business/charitable number.
- Organizations are only allowed one submission.
- The proposed sustained community mobilization on SRHR must take place anywhere in Canada, except for Québec.
- The proposed eligible activities under this stream must not cost more than $20,000 CAD, which will need to be used within 12-months of signing the support agreement. The organization’s activities can continue beyond the 12-month period, but no further support will be provided via this stream. All activities funded by this grant must be completed within 12-months, but the organization’s activities can continue beyond the 12-month period.
- The selected organization will be required to sign a support agreement, participate in an evaluation and submit a brief final report on their initiative once the initiative is done. This will include all financial documentation as outlined in the support agreement.
- The selected organizations may be asked to participate in future selection committees.
How to Apply:
You can start and save your application as you go, so that you only submit when ready.
All submissions must be received by September 5th, 2023 at midnight ET.
Start your application today by clicking the button below.
Click here to apply!