Philanthropic Partnerships Manager
As the Canadian arm of the humanitarian NGO Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International), co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997, Humanity & Inclusion Canada is embarking on a significant growth cycle to increase its support for people with disabilities and other particularly vulnerable groups in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict and disaster in over 60 countries. Humanity & Inclusion Canada’s Philanthropic Partnerships Manager will complement an experienced Canadian team and work with counterparts in other parts of the Humanity & Inclusion Federation in 8 countries to achieve ambitious Canadian goals.
Summary of functions
Under the supervision of Humanity & Inclusion Canada’s Executive Director, the Philanthropic Partnerships Manager oversees the development and implementation of a strategy for securing major gifts (individual, private foundations and corporate). Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with high-level donors, she/he consolidates and deepens existing support for the organization while building new support across Canada.
- Develop relationships with 75 to 100 current and potential donors, who can make an immediate, planned or mixed donation of $100,000 or more.
- Identify potential new sources of major gifts (individuals, private foundations, corporations) and move them along the continuum of donor engagement, from the research stage, through to retention, solicitation, the gift itself, recognition and then stewardship.
- Work closely with other Canadian team members, Humanity & Inclusion’s Federation counterparts, Humanity & Inclusion Canada’s Board members, and others who can positively influence solicitations or contribute to a donor stewardship to strengthen their commitment.
Management of philanthropic development:
- Identify qualified potential donors and prepare documentation for each approach:building a philanthropic profile, writing proposals, letters, flyers, etc. Ensure exemplary record keeping, maintain the philanthropic database according to best practices and applicable laws.
- Ensure appropriate recognition, preparation and submission of stewardship reports(accountability reports) for each donor.
- Collaborate on Humanity & Inclusion Canada’s fundraising strategies with partners and volunteers, include a major gifts component when appropriate and maximize outreach opportunities to target high profile potential donors.
Skills and competencies
- Education: Diploma in administration, marketing, communications, public relations, humanities.
- Experience: 5 years of experience in a charitable or non-profit organization, in a major gifts portfolio.
- General Knowledge: Familiar with best practices in philanthropic development, knowledge of the Canadian philanthropic market (particularly in Montreal and Toronto),ability to manage a project and a budget.
- Knowledge of tools: Knowledge of the Office suite and research tools (Internet, specialized publications in philanthropy, etc.), familiarity with using a philanthropic database, knowledge of digital fundraising platforms (socio-financing, online payments, etc.).
- Language skills: Fluent oral and written French and English.
- Assets: Degree in philanthropy, knowledge of a third language, experience in the humanitarian sector or international development.
- YOUR PROFILE You have a keen interest in international topics and issues and want to make a difference. You think strategically, thrive in a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders, work independently with flexibility and initiative, and enjoy learning and developing new skills. Your professional network is extensive and you can mobilize it to achieve Humanity & Inclusion Canada’s goals. You are outgoing, optimistic, and energetic, but you have mastered the art of tact and diplomacy.
All applications and requests for information will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please forward your resume and a letter of interest by February 19, 2021 to the following email address: [email protected]
For more information
Humanity & Inclusion Canada: https://hi-canada.org/
Humanity & Inclusion (Federation): https://hi.org/