Program Development Coordinator
The Program Development Coordinator is an integral part of the programs team. They are responsible for program development including designing new projects, and developing concept papers and project proposals. They are also responsible for project management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. The role requires regular communication with current and potential partners in Canada and overseas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Program Design and Proposal Development
- Take an active role in the design and development of new projects that reflect HPIC’s strategic directions.
- Prepare and submit concept papers and project proposals in collaboration with the programs and philanthropy teams.
- Review donors’ priorities and requirements and ensure funding applications are in adherence to these requirements.
- Develop professional contacts with other organizations that could collaborate in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
2. Project Management
- Plan and oversee project implementation to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage regular communications with project partners to create strong relationships and ensure quality implementation of projects.
- Prepare partnership agreements, project work plans and progress reports.
- Liaise with the philanthropy team and provide them with programmatic information and input for reporting to donors, and create quality and timely narrative reports as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the finance team to develop project budgets, monitor disbursements to partners, and prepare donor financial reports.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and processes.
- Support the Programs Director in compiling, reviewing and preparing information for program and organizational reports.
- Work with the programs and communications team to ensure the documentation and dissemination of program outcomes (in the form of impact stories, photos, case studies, lessons learned, best practices, etc.)
- Assist with the filing and archiving of program documents to ensure that information is easily available and accessible to all team members.
4. Other Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of fact sheets, presentations and other program materials as needed.
- Represent HPIC in external meetings and events.
- Contribute to strategic planning in the area of program development.
- Undertake projects and other duties as assigned by the Programs Director.
Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Educational background in international development, public health or a related field, and/or relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a humanitarian relief or an international development organization.
- Training or experience in project design, planning and management.
- Successful proposal writing and partnership development track record.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and good understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and results-based management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Good knowledge of French would be a strong advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel.
- Commitment to HPIC’s mission, vision and values.
The salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is open to individuals legally entitled to work in Canada.
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume, a cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected]
by 25 January 2022. Please quote “Application for Program Development Coordinator” in the subject line.