Project Coordinator, National Programs
Title: Project Coordinator, National Programs
Salary Range: $55,000 – $66,000 per annum, based on education and experience
The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is the national organization representing the profession of midwifery in Canada. CAM promotes excellence in midwifery care by developing and providing and wide variety of resources and professional development opportunities for over 2200 midwives across the country. Our programming is funded mostly by the federal government and private donors and themes include all aspects of sexual and reproductive health and rights including anti-racism in health care, provision of abortion services and many more.
CAM is currently launching several new and innovative projects to better support the work of midwives. Our team is growing, and we are looking for skilled, value-driven Project Coordinators. We value equity, integrity, responsibility, and respect. We emphasize a human-centered approach to our work and a commitment to the health and well-being of the team, our members, and the communities we work with.
CAM is deeply committed to ensuring our organization and programs reflects the diversity of our members and of the clients they serve – this includes diversity of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Canadian Human Rights Act. Individuals working with CAM should have a demonstrated ability to apply an anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework while integrating the principals of racial equity, Indigenous sovereignty, and social justice to all their work. Lived experience with racial and/or other human right-based inequity, including the impact of anti-Indigenous or anti-Black racism and/or other human rights-based discrimination on both an individual and structural level is an asset.
The national team is excited to welcome new Project Coordinators to support us in new project planning and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities according to project deliverables, timelines, budgets, and donor requirements.
- Using the organization’s project management tools, support workflow and communication pathways between consultants, technical experts, administrative staff, volunteers, and other collaborators throughout the life of the project.
- Facilitate the work of internal project committees and working groups.
- Support communication, information-sharing and updates with all team members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support the work of midwifery technical experts and knowledge translation consultants.
- With direction from midwifery technical experts and knowledge translation consultants, compile literature, resources, information, and data to support the development of professional development and clinical resources.
- Support the development and dissemination of surveys, info-sessions and focus groups with midwives and clients.
- Coordinate the development, distribution, and maintenance of publications and resources related to the project.
- Support content design and dissemination on CAM’s diverse member-facing communications vehicles, including CAM websites, social media, newsletter, and learning management system.
- With direction from consultants and subject matter experts, support in the development, planning and execution of national information and advocacy campaigns related to the project.
- Coordinate with project partners to ensure the appropriateness and responsiveness of the project.
- Coordinate with Communications Officer to ensure that appropriate materials are distributed through best channels.
- Coordinate with Logistics and Finance team to schedule meetings, file appropriate documentation of expenses, and ensure smooth operation of project.
- Support in writing of interim and final project reports.
- Support in the management of the project budget, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Provide additional support to the supervisor as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- University/post-secondary degree in a related discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience working in public health, health communications, project coordination or related position.
- Experience coordinating project design and implementation from start to finish.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Commitment to working collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups, including staff, members, volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Attention to detail: The ability to coordinate complex workflows with a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Collaboration: The ability to collaborate with team members, support staff and project partners to support the development and delivery of high quality content and learning experiences for our members.
- Critical thinking: The ability to solve challenging problems as they arise in a systematic way.
- Curiosity: A constant desire to, and ability to grow skills and innovative approaches to coordinating complex, multi-faceted projects
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Bilingual English and French.
- Knowledge of midwifery and/or reproductive health in Canada.
- Knowledge of current issues in sexual and reproductive health and rights and health promotion.
- Experience working for a member-based professional organization.
- Remote work done from home office with access to CAM’s head office in Montreal.
- Full-time: 35 hours per week
- Employment duration: March 2023 to March 2024.
ed with the selection committee only, and be used only for the purposes of selection for this position.
How to Apply:
Please follow these instructions:
- Send your CV and a cover letter in one PDF document and ensure that your first and last names and the text “Project Coordinator, National Programs” are included in the file name.
- Send your PDF by email with the subject “Project Coordinator, National Programs” to [email protected]
- Deadline for applications is 5pm Eastern Time on March 1, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received will be held confidential, shar