Public Engagement Officer
Results Canada is a grassroots advocacy organization that believes in mobilizing everyday people to generate the political will to end extreme poverty. We combine the voices of our volunteers with strategic areas of focus to leverage resources for programs and improved policies that give people living in poverty the health, education and opportunity they need to thrive. Whether it’s writing letters to the editor (LTEs), using social media or engaging with parliamentarians, our passionate volunteers positively impact people living in low- and middle-income countries.
Under the direction of the Public Engagement Coordinator, the Public Engagement Officer is responsible for supporting and engaging Results Canada’s volunteers and supporting expansion efforts, including network coordination, communications, training, tools creation, tracking and recruitment.
You are enthusiastic about supporting and expanding a network of volunteer advocates across Canada who are committed to action and advocacy in pursuit of a world without poverty. You understand volunteers – what motivates them, why they act, and how to communicate with them. You are passionate about community organizing, and supporting people’s ability to make change happen.
- Facilitate advocacy and volunteer activities by recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Lead the tracking and reporting of volunteer activities and maintain a detailed database to monitor progress in volunteer actions and expansion
- Lead volunteer virtual calls, working meetings and online discussions with volunteers
- Lead online webinar trainings to expand volunteers’ skills (leadership, volunteer engagement, writing effectively, etc.)
- Support the development of volunteer recruitment strategies including identifying opportunities to actively promote volunteer postings and new volunteer engagement programs
- Collaborate on the development and creation of public engagement tools
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of public engagement campaigns and provide documented insight to adjust activities as necessary
- Identify community outreach opportunities, and at times, participate in events to facilitate recruitment and awareness
- Lead by example by taking actions (political engagement, media letter-writing, etc.), alongside volunteers and in support of our calls-to-action
- Diploma or experience in a relevant field
- Professional proficiency in both written and spoken French and English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a remote team of colleagues and volunteers
- Willingness and ability to maintain a flexible schedule, with recurring evening activities and occasional weekend responsibilities
- Understanding of community volunteering in Canada
- Tech savvy and comfortable working in a digital world
- Strong abilities in using Microsoft Excel or willingness to learn (logic functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills – outgoing and problem-solving
- Innovative and strategic – able to bring new ideas for volunteer support and recruitment
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and provide rapid-response
- Respect for diversity and commitment to creating an environment that values inclusiveness and respect
- A sense of humour and generosity of spirit is essential
- Experience with online platforms like Zoom, Slack, Google Suite, Google Groups, Canva, social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Experience working in a Microsoft Office 365 environment, including MS Teams and MS Sharepoint
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector in international development and/or a volunteer organization and/or advocacy
- Recent experience with community volunteering
- Experience working or volunteering remotely
How to Apply:
Please email your application by November 28, 2021 to [email protected] and include Public Engagement Officer in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you are a suitable candidate. Your cover letter should be written in what you consider your second official language (French or English). Please also include your salary expectation. Salary is competitive and includes a benefits package once the successful applicant has passed the probationary period.