Regional Program Development Specialist
The RPDS will form part of Cuso International’s (Cuso) Program Development Team (PDT), comprised of Heads of Programs (HoP) and Regional Program Advisors (RPA), and be responsible for supporting country program offices (CPO) in Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) to develop new projects and partnerships that are aligned with Cuso’s Strategic Plan and mobilize resources from regional and international donors to scale-up and maximize Cuso’s impact. This position will harness expertise in program/project design, development of partnerships and identifying donor opportunities to increase the impact of Cuso country programs. The RPDS will report to HoP and will work closely with RPA as well as with key departments at Cuso Headquarters (HQ) in Ottawa.
Number of Positions: 2 positions (Africa region and LAC region)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- In coordination with RPA, undertake independent research in identifying donor trends, program development opportunities and funding resources for long-term sustainability of Cuso and suggest innovative approaches and partnerships;
- Recommend and support the development of strategies for securing donor funding based on an understanding of donor and Cuso objectives within countries of intervention, regionally and internationally;
- In coordination with the PDT, CPO, consultants and key departments at HQ, take the lead on planning and coordinating the design of proposals and concept notes for donors, such as Global Affairs Canada (GAC), USAID, European Union (EU) and European Development Agencies.
- When required, support CPO on the development of results-based management (RBM) tools, including logic models, monitoring and evaluation plans, performance measurement frameworks and risk registers.
- In coordination with PDT, CPO and consultants, take the lead on writing and/or editing proposals and concept notes for donors;
- In coordination with CPO and departments at HQ, prepare supporting documentation for donor submissions.
- Review and ensure all documentation for donor submissions is prepared according to donor guidelines;
- Manage approval processes with HoP for the submission of proposal and concept note to donors;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships and networks with existing and potential donors and partners to scale-up Cuso’s impact in Africa and LAC and contribute to increasing Cuso’s profile;
- Provide training to CPO and RPA to share good practices and increase knowledge and skills in program funding and design of programs/projects;
- In coordination with RPA, maintain records for Cuso with donor information, donor submissions, etc.; and
- Contribute to the process of fostering organizational knowledge sharing and learning.
- University degree in international development or a related field
- Minimum five years’ experience securing donor resources for international programs/project ($5M+)
- A proven track record of program/project design for international development, including demonstrated experience developing RBM tools for donors such as GAC, USAID and EU
- Strong knowledge of key development issues in Africa and/or LAC, including women’s empowerment, economic opportunities for youth, human rights, migration, governance and climate change
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing international partnerships
- Experience working with international development agencies, such as GAC, USAID, EU, UN Agencies, such as UNHCR, WFP, UNDP and UNFPA, and European Development Agencies
- Strong ability to write and edit proposals and concept notes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; professional level abilities in French and/or Spanish is desirable
- Highly organized with great attention to details and good team coordination skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based research; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software an asset
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to work irregular hours occasionally (evenings and weekends) as requested by HoP
- Willingness to travel abroad when necessary
- Knowledge of Cuso’s goals and approach to international development
- Experience of working in Africa and/or LAC
How to apply!
If Cuso International sounds like the kind of organization that you would like to work for and you have the qualifications for this job, we certainly would like to hear from you! Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Please indicate on your job application which two regions (Africa or LAC) you are interested in.
Please click the “Apply to Job” button on this page to submit your application by 4:30 PM EST November 5, 2021.
How to Apply:
Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.