Request for Proposal: Analysis and Report Writing Gender Consultant for Four Countries Unpaid Care Work Qualitative Research
Plan International Canada Overview:
Founded in 1937, Plan International (http://plancanada.ca/) is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Plan International Canada is a registered charity with offices in Toronto and Ottawa whose primary focus is to raise funds through Individual, Corporate, and Institutional funding.
Overview of Request for Proposal:
We are looking to hire a Gender Consultant to conduct the analysis and report writing of four-country Unpaid Care Work (UPCW) qualitative research conducted under the Strengthening Health Outcomes of Women and Children (SHOW) project, implemented in Bangladesh, Ghana, Nigeria, and Senegal. A qualitative data collection exercise was carried out from November 2021-January 2022.
Objectives and Scope of the UPCW Research:
The Global Affair Canada recognized “5 R” approach (recognizing, reducing, redistributing, represented, responding) to address the gender related challenges within the care economy. Within in this approach, the overall objective of the study is to assess the effectiveness of the project’s UPCW programming during 2021 vis-à-vis expected outcomes a) Enhanced awareness of social norms and/or gender roles around unpaid care/childcare/ household work, b) Enhanced understanding by men & boys of the importance of sharing unpaid care work. Data Collected: The UPCW Research has conduct 74 FGDs, 16 KII, and quantitative data-tables of pre- and post tests from 621 groups.
Deliverables and Timelines:
The key deliverables expected from the Consultant(s) for this assignment and timelines are as follows:
- Four Country Reports and Four Country PPTs:
- One Chapeau Report and one PPT:
- Timelines: The consultancy to commence in Feb 2022 and complete by June 2022.
Qualifications of the Gender Consultant:
Plan Canada is looking for an experienced Gender Consultant(s) with expertise conducting gender qualitative research in developing country contexts. The Consultant(s) should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in International Development, Gender Studies and/or other Social Sciences, or related fields (CVs required).
- Minimum 5 years experience in conducting qualitative research studies, including gender analysis, producing quality evaluation reports, preferably for international non-profit organizations and/or multilateral agencies.
- National and/or international experience assessing gender equality outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative analysis and associated software packages for qualitative analysis (NVIVO, ATLAS, MAXQDA, etc.) – at least one sample of qualitative analysis products must be included.
- Familiarity with the social-cultural contexts of developing countries is required. Familiarity with the four assigned SHOW project countries will be an asset.
- Ability to read, write and present findings in French is as asset.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English is mandatory
- If consultant himself/herself does not has French reading/writing skills, they need to make arrangement to get their five reports and PPTs (written in English) translated into French language to the satisfaction of Plan Canada.
Detailed Terms of Reference:
Interested parties are asked to obtain detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) by writing to Plan Canada, c/o Saifullah Chaudhry at [email protected] and cc to [email protected].
Interested parties are required to submit both technical, financial proposal, and other documents as described below:
It should clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) including the following:
- Demonstrated previous experience conducting qualitative research and report writing, and other qualifications outlined in this RFP
- An estimated level of Effort and proposed timeframe detailing activities for each of the deliverables noted in section 6.1 (as per detailed TOR), and a work plan (Gantt chart)
- Sample of qualitative analysis products – using qualitative software packages (e.g. (NVIVO, ATLAS, MAXQDA, etc.)
The financial proposal should provide a detailed breakdown of costs in Canadian dollars.
Following documents also need to be submitted
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of consultant(s) outlining relevant experience
- Names and contact information of two references who can be contacted.
- A copy of at least two previous reports of similar work undertaken on: a) Gender Assessment, and/or b) multi-country qualitative research report, and/ or c) results presentations.
- A Consulting Firm profile (if applicable).
View this Request for Proposal on Charity Village.
How to Apply:
Questions, and proposal submission:
- The proposal will be scored on both technical (methodology) and financial (budget) aspects.
- Questions on TOR: Please feel free to submit any questions about the RFP (electronically) no later than end of business day (EST) February 4, 2022, with subject line: “UPCW Research – Questions”. All questions should be sent to Plan Canada, c/o Saifullah Chaudhry at [email protected] and cc to [email protected]. Responses will be provided on rolling basis.
- Proposal Submission: Complete application package should be submitted electronically with the subject line: “UPCW Research – Proposal”. All questions should be sent to Plan Canada, c/o Saifullah Chaudhry at [email protected] and cc to [email protected], and [email protected]
- Closing date for submission of the application package is end February 11, 2022 (EST).
- The offer must remain valid for no less than ninety (90) calendar days after the deadline noted above.