The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) is currently accepting proposals to facilitate a training series and establish a community of practice on anti-racism and health.
CanWaCH is a proud membership of more than 100 non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic institutions, health professional associations and individuals partnering to improve health outcomes for women and children in communities worldwide. Together, we work towards the vision of a world where women, children and adolescents, in all their diversity, realize their right to thrive in full health.
2. Project Summary and Deliverables
2.1 Project Purpose
The goal of the CanWaCH Facilitation & Training on Anti-racism and Health is to deeply engage the global public health and international development sector to examine ways of working and approaches to delivering development programming with a specific focus on health, racism, intersectionality, gender and data.
From February 22 – May 31, 2021 CanWaCH is looking for a consultant who can facilitate a series of workshops and discussions with CanWaCH members and sector partners. In particular, we envision a facilitator who can:
Throughout this project, CanWaCH will provide the following:
2.2 Anticipated Schedule:
|Development, coordination and facilitation of an 8 – 10 week anti-racism webinar series (two weeks on and one week off)
|February 22 – May 31
|Facilitate a community of practice, hosting two meetings per month (hosted during the off week of the training)
|February 22 – May 21
|Support CanWaCH in preparing an evaluation of the series and provide recommendations on next steps
|Due no later than May 31, 2021
**Please note: date and activity flow is a suggestion; exact dates and times to be determined in consultation with the successful bidder.
3. Request for Proposal and Project Timeline
Request for Proposals:
3.1 All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than Friday, February 12, 2021.
3.2 Within the following 10 business days CanWaCH will notify the winning bidder and bidders who were not selected. Contract negotiations with the winning bidder will begin immediately and be completed within these 10 business days.
3.3 Consultations with CanWaCH staff as outlined above in Section 3 and development of a statement of work will begin no later than February 22, 2021.
3.4 All deliverables as listed in Section 3 above shall be completed no later than May 31, 2021.
4. Proposal Guidelines
4.1 Proposals to deliver the CanWaCH Facilitation & Training on Anti-racism and Health will be accepted until Friday, February 12, 2021. Any proposals received after this date and time will be returned to the sender. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
4.2 If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. All costs included in the proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
4.3 All proposals must include a budget that clearly describes costs and fees, including proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project purpose and deliverables. Costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs. Budgets should be submitted in Canadian dollars.
4.4 Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by CanWaCH and will include scope, budget, schedule and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
5. Bidder Qualifications
Bidders should provide the following items as part of their proposal for consideration:
● Description of experience in anti-racism facilitation and training, including for member-based organizations and/or non-profit organizations and description of experience in delivering anti-racism training that specializes in decolonizing and interrogating programming and ways of working, especially focused on health, racism, intersectionality, gender and data.
● Examples of 2-3 similar projects that have been designed and/or implemented by your organization;
● Testimonials from previous clients and/or contact information for past/current clients that can be contacted by CanWaCH to provide a testimonial;
● A budget, including anticipated resources you will assign to this project (total number, role, title, experience);
● Timeframe for completion of the project;
● Project management methodology, including all planning and consultation with CanWaCH staff.
6. Proposal Evaluation Criteria
6.1 CanWaCH will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposals, your proposal should be complete and include:
● Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner;
● Organizational Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project;
● Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work, as well as client testimonials and references;
● Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project;
● Expertise and experience: Bidders will be evaluated based on descriptions and documentation of staff expertise and experience.
6.2 Bidders should submit their proposal to Alli Bunting, Director Programs and Operations at info@CanWaCH by Friday, February 12, 2021 with “RFP – Facilitation & Training on Anti-racism and Health” in the subject line.
January 21, 2021
SHARE THIS POST: