Working as part of the Philanthropy and Public Engagement team, the incumbent is responsible for designing and implementing the strategy for major gifts including corporate partnerships, individual major donors and planned giving, in order to support raising a minimum of $1M annually for Crossroads International. The ideal candidate is resourceful and creative; a true relationship builder with the ability to inspire and engage. S/he will have exceptional communication, writing and editing skills and bring strong planning and organizational skills to the successful cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospective donors.
Together we want to advance the mission of Crossroads by building a community of philanthropic supporters who will empower our ONE WORLD vision where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled. Because of your outstanding qualities in donor relationship building, your character as a Gender Equality Champion, your abilities in writing compelling storytelling and facilitating large gifts from foundations, we will together leverage knowledge, expertise, and dollars to create a just and equitable world.
• Develop a strategy to increase major gift revenue including effective strategies to secure long-term, multi-year engagement with new and existing individual donors and corporate partners.
• Develop, manage, and report on a portfolio of 75 to 100 major gift prospects and donors.
• Create and implement targeted major gift solicitations, stewardship, and cultivation plans in coordination with the team.
• Steward donors in line with an overarching stewardship and recognition framework to communicate the impact of donations and retain donors.
• Initiate and coordinate corporate giving program focussing on unrestricted revenue, including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects.
• Support leadership staff and senior volunteers in developing strategies and goals for executing major gifts and pledges for donors with the capacity to give $50K or more.
• Identifies and cultivate planned giving prospects and provide stewardship of donors who have already announced a commitment to make a planned gift.
• Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues in the philanthropy team in the management of their prospect portfolios.
• Effectively and accurately communicate Crossroads fundraising priorities that reflect the interests and investment of individual and corporate donors.
• Develops relationships with key stakeholders to promote prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new major donors and prospects for the corporate and planned giving programs.
• Conducts discovery calls targeting existing donors and prospects with the potential and interest to increase their giving and/or engagement.
• Develops and implements creative cultivation and solicitation strategies that inspire donors and prospects to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch gifts.
• Contributes to prospect identification activities and the development of a robust major gifts pipeline and moves management system.
Reporting and Other Responsibilities
• Develops performance targets and measures, in consultation with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Public Engagement for all areas of responsibility.
• Writes and supports the development of briefing materials, proposals, presentations and follow-up communication for donor meetings and events.
• Maintains up to date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact.
• Acts as a liaison and resource for other teams at Crossroads and works collaboratively with the Programs, Finance teams towards common goals.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• Post-secondary degree (BA) in relevant field or equivalent experience
• 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising, CFRE preferred
• Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and in successful grant and proposal writing
• Excellent knowledge of pipeline management, multiple philanthropic giving streams, individual giving strategies, employee giving, cause marketing and best practices
• Demonstrated experience writing annual, foundation, corporate and donor and alumni relations materials
• Bilingual — verbal and written fluency in English and French
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors, stakeholders, and cooperation among staff colleagues
• Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
• Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability
• Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Expertise in a CRM database (Raisers Edge preferred), Windows Office Suite, including PowerPoint
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ESSENTIAL CONDITIONS
• Share Crossroads’ values and ethical standards, particularly:
o A commitment to preventing, mitigating, and responding to sexual violence,
o A commitment to gender equality, and
o A commitment to anti-racism.
• Work an average of 35 hours per week, where some overtime may be required.
• Travel in Canada may be required.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been advancing equality for 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in Africa, with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence. Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together we are leveraging knowledge, expertise, and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
Crossroads is committed to principles and values of access and equity. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one document (Word or pdf) before 5pm on September 17th by e-mail to [email protected] Applications must include “Resource Development Officer, Major Gifts – Your Name” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment. Crossroads is committed to diversity in the workforce and individuals from all minority groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 2, 2021
September 17, 2021
SHARE THIS POST: