HPIC is a charity dedicated to increasing access to medicine and improving health in the world’s
most vulnerable communities. The organization has offices in Montréal and Oakville. Reporting to
the Director of Philanthropy & Communications, the Volunteer Coordinator recruits, supervises, and
directs the activities of volunteers who visit the Oakville Distribution Centre. This position plays a
key role in articulating the vision and mission of the organization and the difference that community
and corporate volunteers can make for HPIC’s humanitarian mission.
Inquiries, Recruitment, Registration:
Workplace Safety and Risk:
• At least two (2) years’ experience in healthcare/not-for-profit sector or working with volunteer
• Track record of success in interviewing, assessing, training, and developing (prospective) team
members and fostering team spirit
• Experience working with Central Relationship Database
• Strong knowledge of MS Office and fully comfortable with virtual meeting technology
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
• Strong data collection and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with range of stakeholders (e.g., staff,
volunteers, donors, neighbours, community groups)
• Passion and support for community service and desire to contribute to positive, caring, and
• Commitment to HPIC policies and Code of Conduct
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to [email protected]. This opportunity will remain open until filled.
This is a part-time position of 3 days per week that requires physical presence at our Oakville Distribution Centre, which is located at 2907 Portland Drive.
NOTE: Occasionally, availability on evenings and weekends would be required for select opportunities and events.
For more information on HPIC and its mission, we encourage you to visit hpicanada.ca
August 10, 2022
August 28, 2022
SHARE THIS POST: