Website and SEO Manager
(This position is covered under CUPE Bargaining Unit)
The Website and SEO Manager creates the overall foundational strategy for Save the Children’s website and SEO function, has accountability for the seamless integration and delivery of web platforms to enable optimum performance for the organization. This includes supporting key stakeholders with their decision-making, and accelerating best practices (internal and external) to ensure optimal activation while continually aspiring to deliver best in class experiences that reflect supporter trends. The role holder will be responsible for enabling brand communication through website and SEO functions to drive brand awareness and conversion. Other priority focus areas include setting the long-term website and SEO strategy and building discipline around measurement to create a deeper understanding of consumer behavior and drive continual optimization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Website Strategy and Management
- In collaboration with the Head of Communications and Head of Digital Fundraising, develop and drive the website content strategy and plan.
- Oversee the day to day running of the website CMS to ensure a seamless execution of web capabilities and be accountable for the end to end experience.
- Develop and maintain website performance dashboards for the Communications, Marketing & Fundraising teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and create appropriate website content aligned with the organization’s strategy to build and drive fundraising growth.
- Partner with Resource Development colleagues to build defined supporter journeys across website experience to maximize conversion with calls to action.
- Ensure that the website aligns with brand and fundraising strategies and meets the organization’s standards.
- Troubleshoot the website and constantly improve the User Experience (UX).
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Keep website up-to-date with industry best practices. Ensure continual improvement and innovation for optimization.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations including AODA.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies.
- Work closely with Communications and Fundraising teams to advise on key words and SEO best practice.
- Drive keyword research and content gap analysis.
- Utilize onsite and offsite SEO tactics.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Google Search console tools etc. to inform SEO strategy.
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Manage offsite and optimization projects and report on performance.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices.
- Reporting & Analytics
- Lead on website and SEO monitoring, reporting and analytics.
- Conduct research on market competitors and keyword universe to find growth opportunities and guide content teams.
- Support employees, volunteers, and stakeholders in their digital interactions with Save the Children.
- Support on strategy research as required.
- Prepare and present reports regularly.
Qualifications & Competencies (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of Degree in Computer science, IT, systems engineering, Marketing or Business administration.
- Extensive (5+ years) experience managing websites, digital marketing and SEO platforms.
- Significant knowledge in the areas of SEO strategy and Web Analytics.
- In depth understanding of content management systems, website structure and link building as they relate to SEO best practice.
- Experience using search software tools like SEMrush, target=”_blank” hrefs, etc.
- Skilled in content ideation and planning.
- Excellent understanding and experience with keyword research and content gap analysis.
- Experience in Google Analytics and Google Search console tools.
- Understanding of onsite and offsite SEO tactics, demonstrable technical SEO skills.
- Understanding of user experience and customer journey.
- Ability to work with data platforms and experience of creating insights from data to fuel decision-making and action.
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to glean insights and develop recommendations.
- Exceptional and demonstrable written and oral communications skills.
- Extensive experience overseeing a top tier brand website, anchored with core fundamentals in the areas of measurement, search and performance marketing.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and with others.
- Project management experience and an eye for UX recommendations.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work some evenings and weeks as required (especially during global humanitarian emergencies involving different time zones).
- Demonstrate strong commitment to Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values.
What We Offer
This position salary range between $70,150 – $84,180 CAD depending on skills and experience. In addition to this, our employees will have the following package of additional benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your dependents available in three months after employment.
- Hybrid workplace and flexible work hours to support employee wellbeing and productivity.
- Coordinated benefits for your partner paid by Save the Children Canada.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program services available to you and your dependents from your first day of employment.
- Discounted rate for a GoodLife membership.
- Organization-wide membership with Headspace.
- 3 weeks of annual leave.
- In addition to annual leave, we offer a December 24 – January 1 office closure (SAVE Days) so we can all recharge simultaneously.
- Paid sick leave, float day and personal days.
- Three (3) weeks of annual vacation leave.
- Parental Leave Top Up.
- Employer contributions to group pension plan.
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training.
We are committed to a transparent recruitment process with approximate timelines for the various stages in the process so that you can plan and manage expectations as you navigate your job search.
- Application collection: February 2, 2022 onwards
- Preliminary Discussions with Human Resources: Week of February 20, 2023
- Interviews with the Hiring Manager & Hiring Panel: TBD
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please visit https://www.savethechildren.ca/ and submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501 ext. 262.