|Reporting Organization:||Doctors of the World - Canada|
|Total Budget ($CAD):||$ 606,201|
|Timeframe:||August 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021|
|Haiti - $ 606,201.00 (100.00%)|
|Health Systems, Training & Infrastructure (50 %)|
|Infectious & Communicable Diseases (25 %)|
|Primary Health Care (15 %)|
|Mental Health (10 %)|
Before the pandemic, Haiti had already been weakened by economic and political crises. The capacity of the Haitian health system was extremely limited in terms of services, equipment and human resources.
Faced with the difficulties to which the Haitian health system is exposed, the objective of the project is to limit the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the population. To do this, the project offers transversal support for care at the level of first-line health infrastructures through technical reinforcement for the appropriate care of patients presenting symptoms of COVID-19, while supporting the front-line health structures in their operation and their monitoring work.
The project supports and assist 23 health structures in the department of Nord Ouest, Ouest, Nippes, Artibonite, and in Cité Soleil.
|Gender and age:||Adult women Adult men Adolescent females Adolescent males Children, girls Children, boys Under-5 children Newborns Older adults, women Older adults, men|
|Total Direct Population:||74,771|
UnspecifiedReturn to top
The Outcome of the Project is to limit the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Haitian population.
The Objective is to support the Haitian health system in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic by intervening at the level of primary and secondary health structures, in addition to a direct intervention at the community level.
The intervention strategy is based on 2 results aimed at offering technical assistance to health structures, supporting the first line structurally and involving the community in the identification of suspected cases and the management of mild cases:
Result 1: Technical assistance related to COVID-19 is provided to health facilities.
Result 2: Front-line health infrastructures are supported in order to maintain their functioning.
Activities to be achieved in this project:
– Training of personnel on specific COVID-19 protocols: infection prevention and control (IPC), early detection of suspected cases and their contact cases, treatment of serious acute respiratory infections and national management recommendations for suspected cases ;
– Development and implementation of operational procedures specific to COVID-19;
– Creation of temporary isolation areas with safe access to water and sanitation services;
– Maintenance of providers and deployment of additional health personnel in health structures whose personnel are infected or isolated;
– Identification and strengthening of PCI focal points in the targeted health structures;
– Support to health structures in materials, equipment, medical and non-medical inputs;
– Psychological support to front-line staff to promote the psychosocial well-being of health workers while reducing the risk of mental illness;
-Monitoring of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and guidance of notifiable diseases in Haiti.