|Reporting Organization:||Canadian Red Cross|
|Total Budget ($CAD):||$ 1,375,000|
|Timeframe:||February 1, 2014 - May 31, 2019|
Canadian Red Cross
|Haiti - $ 1,375,000.00 (100.00%)|
|Disaster Risk Reduction & Early Recovery (50 %)|
|Humanitarian Response (50 %)|
THE CERA (Capacity Building for Emergency Response in the Americas) PROGRAM IN HAITI
The Capacity Building for Emergency Response in the Americas (CERA), is a five-year Initiative (February 2014- June 2019) to strengthen the emergency response capacities of five Red Cross National Societies (NS) in the Americas, including Dominican Republic, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica and Nicaragua. The main purpose of the CERA program is to ensure the five National Societies (NS) in the Americas are well prepared to support national emergency responses for natural disasters and crises with the view of contributing to the ultimate goal of saving lives, alleviating suffering and maintaining human dignity.
|Gender and age:||Adult women Adult men Adolescent females Adolescent males Children, girls Children, boys Under-5 children Newborns Older adults, women Older adults, men|
|Descriptors:||Persons with disabilities|
|Total Direct Population:||Unspecified|
UnspecifiedReturn to top
The main expected results are:
• Improved ability of Haitian Red Cross to develop and maintain an emergency preparedness and response mechanism, and support systems;
• Improved ability of Haitian Red Cross to lead emergency preparedness and response in their respective countries;
• Improved ability of selected Haitian Red Cross to mobilize resources for emergency response and preparedness operations.
The program has:
• Contributed to increase knowledge and skills of the Haitian Red Cross staff members and volunteers with training in Disaster Management techniques (National Interventions First responders, Water search and rescue, utilisation of assessment tools, Safer Access etc.)
• Improved the capacity of the Haitian Red Cross with vehicle, equipment, materials and Relief Non-food items for the readiness and first action response.
• Supported the Haitian Red Cross developing Plans, Policies, Strategies, Procedures, Tools and guidelines for the response
• Provided support to initiate a strong and sustainable program of Resources Mobilization that will ensure self-reliance of the Haitian Red Cross to respond to recurrent disasters and crisis in Haiti.