CanWaCH Public Engagement Bulletin: August 2022
This bulletin is a compilation of information for communications and public engagement professionals working in global health, international development and gender equality to support them in their work, share best practices, and coordinate key moments in the sector.
Take part in our social media toolkit for World Sexual Health Day!
CanWaCH is preparing a social media toolkit for World Sexual Health Day on September 4th and we are looking for work from our members to highlight! Submissions can include but are not limited to blogs, videos, events, infographics and resources. Complete this short form to submit your content by 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, August 21st. For any questions, please contact Biko Mwalagho, CanWaCH’s communications officer at [email protected].
Public Engagement and Communications Tips and Resources
Upcoming Events and Campaigns
Professional Development Opportunities and Resources
- Learning Area 6: Formats: In a saturated media environment, the format of development messages may matter as much as the message itself. Well-packaged messages appear higher up in news feeds and search results. (OECD Development Communication Network)
- The Most Dangerous Writing App: Don’t stop writing, or all progress will be lost.
- The Power of Sight Podcast: Almost everyone will need access to eye care services during their lifetime. Since 1982, Seva, an international development organization, has restored the sight of over 5 million people and helped prevent and treat visual impairment for millions more in low- and middle-income countries. But the need is enormous. And growing. Unless there is significant investment, current eye care services worldwide are unlikely to cope with future needs.
- Bigger Than Our Borders, Campaign Director, August 13
- Cuso International, Member, Board of Directors, August 15
- Action Against Hunger, Communications Officer, August 19
- Canadian Red Cross, Manager, Community Engagement, August 22
- Canadian Red Cross, Advisor, Communications
- Canadian Red Cross, Advisor, Marketing and Events
- WaterAid Canada, Chief Executive Officer, August 26
- Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights, Executive Director, August 28
Have something that you would like to see included in the next bulletin? Submit it here!