- This event has passed.
Nature-Based Solutions, Climate Resilience, and the SDGs
23 June 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
From mangrove forests in coastal villages to green roofs on city skyscrapers, nature-based solutions are one of the most powerful – and most underutilized – approaches to mitigate and adapt to climate change. By protecting, restoring, and sustainably managing ecosystems, nature-based solutions offer the potential to reduce climate related risks and address the biodiversity crisis, while delivering social and economic benefits to those living within these ecosystems.
On June 23, Aga Khan Foundation Canada is pleased to host Nature-based Solutions, Climate Resilience, and the SDGs, welcoming a panel of experienced practitioners who aim to reduce climate risks, advance climate resilience, and support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Panelists will discuss the imperative of using nature-based solutions to address climate change and biodiversity loss and share examples of ongoing initiatives and available resources that organizations can draw on to strengthen their own work in this area.
In addition to the panel discussion, participants will be invited to participate in breakout groups led by the speakers. These breakout groups will provide the opportunity to discuss the policy considerations, opportunities, and challenges of using nature-based solutions in development projects aimed at mitigating and adapting to climate change.
Key Information for Attendees
- When you register, please indicate your interest to attend in-person at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat or to attend online (Zoom) by selecting the relevant ticket option.
- Please note that a proof of vaccination will be required to join in person.
- In-person attendees are welcome to arrive by 8:40am, to network and enjoy light refreshments.
Event Format/Breakout Sessions
The event will include breakout sessions with each panelist focusing on implementation and/or policy.
- In person participants will be welcome to join a breakout session with Patricia Fuller or Jimena Eyzaguirre.
- Online participants will be welcome to join a breakout session with Didier Van Bignoot or Benjamin Simmons.
- Please specify your preference for breakout sessions as you fill out the registration form. Space in each session is limited. While we will work to accommodate all preferences, we may shift participants if a session is oversubscribed.
This event will be offered in English only. Questions? Please contact [email protected]