Policy and Campaigns Director
Joining Oxfam-Quebec means collaborating on a mission where everyone contributes to the fight against injustice and poverty on an international scale. Do you want to join a committed team and actively participate in building an A just and sustainable world? If so, you are the person we are looking for!
Specifically, you will work under the responsibility of the Senior Director of Development and Engagement to:
- Develop and implement influencing strategies and activities (advocacy and campaigns) with the aim of generating political and social changes that will improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Advise the Executive Committee on the positions to be taken.
- Ensure the representation of Oxfam-Quebec, maintain relations and create alliances with various bodies (provincial and federal government, international organizations, NGOs, media, Oxfam international).
Do you recognize yourself in the profile below?
- Advanced university degree in international development, political science, international relations or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, including 3 years in team management
- Good knowledge of the political and administrative system as well as the rules surrounding lobbying in Canada and Quebec.
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written), knowledge of Spanish (asset).
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office 2020 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and virtual collaboration tools (Teams, Zoom, Box, Workplace).
- Strategic thinking and very good ability to identify priorities
- Very good personnel management skills and ability to work in a team
- Good judgment and great autonomy.
- Excellent skills in creating alliances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make accessible and circumscribe complex issues.
- Ability to influence and diplomacy.
- Excellent negotiation skills and strength of conviction.
- Recognized coordination and planning skills, leadership and innovation capacity.
- Very good ability to organize, analyze and synthesize.
- Ability to work under pressure.
If you answered yes, send us your application! We offer:
- A caring, humane and stimulating work environment.
- A starting salary between $70,000 and $80,000, depending on recognized experience.
- Flexible working measures (hybrid work, flexible working hours).
- 5 weeks of vacation, days of personal leave, group insurance, group RRSPs, and other benefits!
How to Apply:
Apply for this job here.