SENIOR MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS LEAD
The Senior Marketing and Communications Lead will lead the Marketing and Communications function and team while developing and implementing the CMA’s national marketing and communications strategy. / Le responsable principal ou la responsable principale, Marketing et Communications dirige le secteur fonctionnel et l’équipe Marketing et Communications tout en élaborant et en appliquant la stratégie nationale de communications et de marketing de l’AMC.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Business Unit: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Vice-President, Marketing
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Overall job purpose:
The Senior Marketing and Communications Lead will lead the Marketing and Communications function and team while developing and implementing the CMA’s national marketing and communications strategy and working with internal and external stakeholders to execute and measure impact.
The incumbent will challenge traditional marketing and communications thinking and practices. They will work in collaboration with a variety of media, brand and content colleagues, in addition to partnering with the internal Francophonie team to ensure fully bilingual communications. This role will implement innovative Marketing/Communications strategies that will impact growth and awareness, and that will increase the value proposition of the CMA to Canada’s physicians, key stakeholders and the general public.
- Develops an impactful enterprise-level annual marketing communications strategy that effectively positions the CMA Enterprise to garner visibility, raise awareness and drive impact; enabling business goals through comprehensive programs, campaigns and events.
- Works with the VP, Marketing to ensure all teams are aligned with the marketing and communication plans.
- Directs the creation of CMA awareness campaigns across all relevant channels based on strategic objectives. This includes determining which media platform to advertise on and how to adapt campaigns to suit the channel they’re being used on.
- Tracks the success and ROI of Marketing and Communications programs through various channels and providing regular reporting to the VP.
- Leads agencies and internal teams where appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team, including content, media, communications, sponsorship, Affinity and Francophonie.
- Works closely and effectively with the Joule and CMA Foundation teams to ensure understanding and alignment; bringing the cross-functional teams together to achieve department goals.
- Works closely and effectively with all other internal cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and influencer insights and to integrate those insights into compelling Marketing and Communications programs.
- Continually researches and implements new tools, technology, digital trends and strategies that enhance engagement and stays current with industry trends and best practices.
- Accountable for financial planning and budget management for the Marketing and Communications function.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key skills and competencies:
All positions have the following core competencies:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creativity and innovation
- Political acumen
- Member/client/stakeholder focus
- Results oriented
In addition to the core competencies, all people manager and senior individual contributor positions have the following leadership competencies:
- Strategic thinking
- Leading and managing change
- Developing others
- Team leadership
In addition to the competencies listed above, the following skills and traits are required:
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written, are required – bilingualism (English/French) is essential
- Collaborative leadership approach, innovative mindset and communications and marketing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of national and regional markets and audiences
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills with proven ability to build an exceptionally high performing team
- Action-oriented; deals with situations and issues proactively, seizing opportunities that arise
- Organizational agility; effectively navigates both formal and informal groups to get things done
- Strong ability to handle multiple concurrent and time-sensitive priorities
- Project management; possesses the tools to be an effective project lead
- Relationship management skills and strong integrator to facilitate cross-functional effectiveness
- Ability to influence and positively inspire other to take action and lead change
- Solid understanding of user segmentation and translating segment needs into marketing plans
- Ability to present and defend ideas to senior level audiences
- Organized with careful attention to detail
- Available to travel (estimate 20% of time)
- University degree in Marketing or a related field, combined with direct experience
- 6-9 years of experience in marketing and communications strategy, planning, and execution
- 5+ years’ experience leading and developing people
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and will reasonably accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply
for this position.