CanWaCH Public Engagement Working Group: Call for Youth Delegates
Join CanWaCH’s Public Engagement Working Group (PEWG) and help build awareness of Canadian leadership in global health!
CanWaCH is excited to announce that we are recruiting two youth delegates (18-24 years old) to participate on the PEWG! With a unique perspective as young leaders, these delegates will provide valuable insights and feedback for how CanWaCH and its members can better engage Canadian youth in our work.
- Identify as a youth. (Youth is defined by the United Nations as an individual between 15-24 years old. For this initiative, applications from youth between 18-24 years old as of January 1, 2020 will be considered).
- Have experience working in communications, public engagement, community outreach or another relevant field. Or have demonstrated experience in engaging with public, digital audiences or as a social media influencer.
- Be willing to participate in a minimum of one monthly PEWG meeting and other projects/opportunities as they arise (approx. 1-2 hours per month).
- Work closely with CanWaCH as it pilots this initiative by participating in check-ins, engagement activities and a debrief session (max. 3-4 hours per month).
- On board the new youth delegates at the end of their term.
Successful applicants will be appointed as Youth Delegates and serve a one-year term. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm EDT on Friday, April 10, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Murray, Senior Public Engagement Officer.