Discover upcoming events, activities and learning opportunities in global health, international development, and gender equality.
Please note that fundraising events and activities will not be posted to the calendar.
With more than half of its national COVID-19 response team composed of women, Canada has emerged as a leading country in putting women’s voices and representation at the centre of its pandemic response.
In light of this achievement, WGH Canada is delighted to invite you to our second event taking place virtually on January 27th at 2 pm EST under the theme of “Women Leaders During the COVID-19 Pandemic”. Join us and hear from four incredible Canadian women leaders who will be sharing their experiences of working and leading during the COVID-19 pandemic and discussing the importance of gender parity in global health security leadership.
Don’t miss your chance to tune in and ask questions of our excellent panel of speakers:
• Dr. Djenana Jalovcic, Inclusive Development Practitioner, WGH Canada Chapter Member, Associate Professor at the Department of Health and Functioning, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
• Linda Silas, President of the Canadian Nurses Federation Union
• Dr. Fozia Alvi, Founder and President of Humanity Auxilium, 2019 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Canadian Women in Global Health List (#CWIGH)
• Dr. Roopa Dhatt, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Women in Global Health
• Dr. Jocalyn Clark, Founder of Canadian Women in Global Health (#CWIGH), Executive Editor at The Lancet, Advisor to WGH Canada, Adjunct Professor at the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto
Get the latest updates on WGH Canada by subscribing to our newsletter at bit.ly/2EtVkjZ and following us on Twitter at @wghcanada and Facebook at @WGHCanada.